Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer will the professional boxing circus (PBC) go on for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer will the professional boxing circus (PBC) go on for?

Promising to deliver 'the most exciting fights in boxing', the more accurate description would be delivering 'the least competitive match ups' in boxing. Augusts highlight was spence v bundu, septembers mega match up was jacobs v mora 2 and our end of year boxing bonanza is garcia v vargas. Surely people wont continue to tune in for this ****? With haymons finances apparantly being less than secure, will 2017 be the year that PBC dies? And is there anyone on this site who feels that PBC has been good for the sport?

It will be here till money is good,thats it.

Comment

They money will never go away with ratings they get, Spence/Bundu 5M, Thurman/Porter 3.1M
      Thats pretty good, if anything HBO seems like it's going to die

Comment

What? The ratings for PBC have been horrible.

But I think it will be around in some form for another 2 years, just with less and less shows on less networks...which is probably better anyways.

I predict a lot of "Showtime presents the PBC" shows where showtime pays for the fights. Haymon has Espinoza wrapped around his finger.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          What? The ratings for PBC have been horrible.

But I think it will be around in some form for another 2 years, just with less and less shows on less networks...which is probably better anyways.

I predict a lot of "Showtime presents the PBC" shows where showtime pays for the fights. Haymon has Espinoza wrapped around his finger.
          You mean you predict PBC will get what it wants? (Networks paying). I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            Promising to deliver 'the most exciting fights in boxing', the more accurate description would be delivering 'the least competitive match ups' in boxing. Augusts highlight was spence v bundu, septembers mega match up was jacobs v mora 2 and our end of year boxing bonanza is garcia v vargas. Surely people wont continue to tune in for this ****? With haymons finances apparantly being less than secure, will 2017 be the year that PBC dies? And is there anyone on this site who feels that PBC has been good for the sport?
            Precise Presenter (aka Bigdramashow) at it again...

Comment

What about the upcoming fights? Charlo vs J Rock, Frampton vs Santa Cruz II, Mikey Garcia vs Dejan Zlaticanin, Jack Culcay vs Demetrius Andrade, Cullar vs Mares, Garcia vs Porter early next year?

These are all legit championship fights involving the top guys at these divisions. They're not mega fights though but still very interesting.

Comment

GGG fan calling PBC a circus, like he didn't just fight a WW in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  cause fighters like jacobs are hiding on pbc , whats his next fight going to be, mora v jacobs 3?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Who cares, welterweights have moved up to challenge for the middleweight title for generations, it's not like he fought and sought out Rob Salsa, he was challenged by a very big, prime welterweight world champ. Anyway regarding PBC I want to give it a chance but every year it just holds the sport back, so many fuking fighters, and the guys are twidling their thumbs, cherrypickin and expecting ******ed paydays before having a decent fight to raise their stock that is followed by tumbleweeds and crickets as you wonder where they've gone for the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
                    X