No announcement yet.

Canelo demand to ringwalk second?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    The A side usually walks in second and is announced second.

That is how boxing has always worked.

The way they worked it out is, Canelo walks out second and is announced first. This was a signed contract stipulation both sides agreed to. Educate yourself before you look this stupid making a thread.
    Are u serious? When was the first time you heard the term "A" side? The champ always walked in second throughout the history of the sport. It's modern diva boxing now. I know how it is now, but I also know how it was. Cotto wanted Martinez to enter ring first even though Martinez was champ. Everyone ragged on Cotto for it, and he relented. Show me the fights where the A side came in after the champ? Educate me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
      Are u serious? When was the first time you heard the term "A" side? The champ always walked in second throughout the history of the sport. It's modern diva boxing now. I know how it is now, but I also know how it was. Cotto wanted Martinez to enter ring first even though Martinez was champ. Everyone ragged on Cotto for it, and he relented. Show me the fights where the A side came in after the champ? Educate me.
      The A side is usually the champ. That's why.

Keyword: Usually

Comment

After he got announced second in the weigh in Friday I figured this would be the case.

What surprised last night me was that Buffer announced his record first in the ring.

I don't remember a fighter walking out 2nd then being announced 1st. I'm sure it's happened a few times before and I'm just not remembering them

Comment

Working...
        X