Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here gotten LASIK / Corrective Eye Surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    I don't know about the side effects and I assume he has pretty good insurance because he has for the phone company forever.

The weird thing is that I have know him for years and he always wore those glasses while I always had perfect vision and now I need glasses while he doesn't.
    Yeah, **** happens I guess. How bad is your vision?

Mine is bad enough to the point where I wouldn't be comfortable driving without glasses or contacts. I can't even see the clock when I wake up in the morning. Little things like that suck the most when you have poor vision.

Comment

My sister had it done, and I'm considering having it done as well. Haven't looked too much into it yet though. I hate glasses, didn't need them until recently, for the time now I just wear contact lenses.

Comment

I had it done this past July, my prescription hadn't changed in over 10yrs, and they said I was a perfect candidate for it, but you only have 2 eyes, so didn't wanna risk being one of those few with a horror story... Needless to say, I decided to finally do it.

As soon as they finished they sat me up, and told me to look at the clock on the wall and read the time... And I did, I could see... The next day I went to get checked, and I almost had 20/10 vision... But I missed one letter. As of now, and following check ups I have 20/15... It was the best decision I ever made, should have done it sooner... Once in a while I still reach up to my face thinking I still have glasses lol, especially before I go to bed.

Look into it man and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          It seems like everyone knows at least one person with a Lasik horror story but we don't hear too much about those who were 100% satisfied. If you do the proper research on a reputable surgeon, the chances of something going wrong are slim to none in today's day and age. And the procedure, or so I've heard, is quick and easy. Much quicker than in previous years. If done correctly, the moment you wake up post-surgery nap (you have to go to sleep as soon as you get home and wear these funky goggles) your vision should be either 20/20, or in many cases BETTER than 20/20.

I'm thinking about getting it done but like any sane person I still have my doubts.

I'm not totally against glasses, I have a real nice pair of RayBans and have gotten compliments from so many women about how handsome and sophisticated I look in them but it's not all about the looks. Having to wear glasses 24/7 is a pain all around. My vision is horrible without them. And I wore contacts for many years. It's just too annoying to deal with.

Glasses/contact wearers, have you considered getting Lasik? If you're in the L.A. area I'll send you a link to the surgeon who I want to do my procedure.

Lasik isn't for everyone and you'd be surprised how many people aren't candidates for Lasik. I'm farsighted, so while Lasik would work temporarily for me, as I age, I would still need readers. I saw no point in it if that is the case.
          Last edited by JJRod; 03-10-2016, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I've thought about having it done but that would mean no more boxing. So I'll wait until I get older.

Comment

It seems like everyone knows at least one person with a Lasik horror story but we don't hear too much about those who were 100% satisfied. If you do the proper research on a reputable surgeon, the chances of something going wrong are slim to none in today's day and age. And the procedure, or so I've heard, is quick and easy. Much quicker than in previous years. If done correctly, the moment you wake up post-surgery nap (you have to go to sleep as soon as you get home and wear these funky goggles) your vision should be either 20/20, or in many cases BETTER than 20/20.

I'm thinking about getting it done but like any sane person I still have my doubts.

I'm not totally against glasses, I have a real nice pair of RayBans and have gotten compliments from so many women about how handsome and sophisticated I look in them but it's not all about the looks. Having to wear glasses 24/7 is a pain all around. My vision is horrible without them. And I wore contacts for many years. It's just too annoying to deal with.

Glasses/contact wearers, have you considered getting Lasik? If you're in the L.A. area I'll send you a link to the surgeon who I want to do my procedure.
              I have a pair myself. What kind you got b?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyotefury View Post
                I had it done this past July, my prescription hadn't changed in over 10yrs, and they said I was a perfect candidate for it, but you only have 2 eyes, so didn't wanna risk being one of those few with a horror story... Needless to say, I decided to finally do it.

As soon as they finished they sat me up, and told me to look at the clock on the wall and read the time... And I did, I could see... The next day I went to get checked, and I almost had 20/10 vision... But I missed one letter. As of now, and following check ups I have 20/15... It was the best decision I ever made, should have done it sooner... Once in a while I still reach up to my face thinking I still have glasses lol, especially before I go to bed.

Look into it man and good luck.
                That's great to hear. How long was the procedure? Did it hurt? Could you feel anything? And if you don't mind me asking, which version did you get? The one where they cut a flap in your cornea or the 100% laser one? What about the appearance of your pupils/eyes post-surgery, did they change at all? How about your night vision?
                Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                Lasik isn't for everyone and you'd be surprised how many people aren't candidates for Lasik. I'm farsighted, so while Lasik would work temporarily for me, as I age, I would still need readers. I saw no point in it if that is the case.
                Yeah I read that your prescription has to be persistent or near it before you are even considered. But my vision hasn't changed in quite some time so I think I'm a good candidate. I can't see close or far so it is what it is.
                Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I've thought about having it done but that would mean no more boxing. So I'll wait until I get older.
                Do you wear contacts while boxing? Isn't that even more dangerous?
                Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                I have a pair myself. What kind you got b?
                I think they are the RB5228. Or maybe a more square version of that one. I don't know, my GF at the time picked them out.

Comment

Do you wear contacts while boxing? Isn't that even more dangerous?
                  No, I don't wear contacts.

Comment

That's great to hear. How long was the procedure? Did it hurt? Could you feel anything? And if you don't mind me asking, which version did you get? The one where they cut a flap in your cornea or the 100% laser one? What about the appearance of your pupils/eyes post-surgery, did they change at all? How about your night vision?

The procedure was about 5 minutes... It was like 1.5 minutes each eye... Super fast after they were done I told them that they looked like a damn nascar pit crew... Cuz they were that fast, they just laughed... It didn't hurt at all u just felt pressure on your eyeball, they gave me these stress balls to squeeze incase I felt pain or got anxious, but I didn't need them, it was pretty painless.

I got the one where they cut, and flip the flap and and start working on your cornea... The appearance of my pupil didn't change, and you can't even tell anything was done, like you know how when someone where's contacts and you can see the edge line, well with this you don't see anything, and there isn't like a scar or anything like that where they cut, can't even tell anything was done.

My night vision is great, I mostly work in the dark, I work the night shift at a hospital and I work in X-ray so I'm pretty much always in dimly lit rooms. And can't complain... I don't really notice halos and rays or any of those side effects they talk about... It looks the same as if I were wearing glasses, so it doesn't look crazy or weird or bad.

Comment

Lasik has come a long way since the late 90's.

Comment

Working...
                      X