Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten of the Greatest (smartest)* Fighters AT (no order)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten of the Greatest (smartest)* Fighters AT (no order)

1 Marciano (quit undefeated)
    2 Tunney (undefeated heavyweight)
    3 Pep (Big Winner)
    4 Wilde (KO King)
    5 Marcel Cerdan (Big Winner)
    6 Dempsey (Life of Riley)
    7 Nicolino Locche (untouchable)
    8 Harry Greb (Human windmill)
    9 Young Stribling (Greatest cruiser)
    10 Maxie Rosenbloom (unhittable)

The above fighters are probably the greatest ever in their respective divisions. All very smart fighters.

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    3 Pep (Big Winner)
    4 Wilde (KO King)

The above fighters are probably the greatest ever in their respective divisions. All very smart fighters.
    Hmmmmm......there's something awfully "vanilla" about this list. I wonder what the dealeo is. Very suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
      Hmmmmm......there's something awfully "vanilla" about this list. I wonder what the dealeo is. Very suspicious.
      Thanks. I worked awfully hard on her. I had to leave some of the greatest pale faces out. That is how deep white boys are in boxing. That is, they are still the king, based on yester year. People forget their depth, their toughness, their unbending aplomb. I only scratched the surface.

In the boxing ring it usually works out that whites hold over blacks. Keep track of it at home. If very many milk faces went into boxing they would hold every title. Guaranteed. This infuriates egalitarians everywhere.

Comment

3 Pep (Big Winner)
        4 Wilde (KO King)

I can't stand the guy personally, but shocked that Mayweather didn't make the list. I think he's the smartest fighter in the history of boxing - regarding skill combined with his business sense.

Comment

Mayweather has not held onto his jack yet. It was not over about eight years ago that he bragged he would be a billionaire and his own daddy swore he would be walking the streets of Grand Rapids with a crack slur before long. Everyone else is dead. Give his daddy's prediction a chance to come true.

Comment

Mayweather has not held onto his jack yet. It was not over about eight years ago that he bragged he would be a billionaire and his own daddy swore he would be walking the streets of Grand Rapids with a crack slur before long. Everyone else is dead. Give his daddy's prediction a chance to come true.
            If he has over 500 million as some claim, it would be really hard to lose that much.

His clothing brand, TMT, brings in I hear 25 million in scratch a year.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              If he has over 500 million as some claim, it would be really hard to lose that much.

Maybe it's a big seller in southeast
              Asia where they sew them together.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

October Red

You are a regular here and add so much to the discourse, I would be irresponsible if I let what you said above stand. Take this as a friendly correction. It is incredibly easy to lose great sums of capital. It all has to do with how the capital is accumulated, how it is wrapped up, and what brotherhood is involved with the individual.

Floyd gambles, he has poorly run businesses, the IRS knows virtually every dime that goes to Floyd...The IRS is a bill collector for the power elites, and earned income is a way for them to take everything from you in a generation. First off, at the highest bracket Floyd is paying out about 50% in taxes at least, more in reality, then sales taxes, another 5 to 10% at least...

When figuring in bad business decisions, gambling, etc... It is easy to suddenly owe more than the businesses are worth. Then there are the things Floyd keeps up, his mansion, cars, etc,if these cost him about 500k a month (probably more) than suddenly we get a more realistic picture of his situation. Anual expenditure of 500k x 12 would be 6 million, taxes half that 25 million into 13 million, and how long will his name be worth anything? which is what TMT depends upon. If Floyd makes a few buys now and then.... well he probably is not much in the black, maybe not at all in the black.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  October Red

You are a regular here and add so much to the discourse, I would be irresponsible if I let what you said above stand. Take this as a friendly correction. It is incredibly easy to lose great sums of capital. It all has to do with how the capital is accumulated, how it is wrapped up, and what brotherhood is involved with the individual.

Floyd gambles, he has poorly run businesses, the IRS knows virtually every dime that goes to Floyd...The IRS is a bill collector for the power elites, and earned income is a way for them to take everything from you in a generation. First off, at the highest bracket Floyd is paying out about 50% in taxes at least, more in reality, then sales taxes, another 5 to 10% at least...

When figuring in bad business decisions, gambling, etc... It is easy to suddenly owe more than the businesses are worth. Then there are the things Floyd keeps up, his mansion, cars, etc,if these cost him about 500k a month (probably more) than suddenly we get a more realistic picture of his situation. Anual expenditure of 500k x 12 would be 6 million, taxes half that 25 million into 13 million, and how long will his name be worth anything? which is what TMT depends upon. If Floyd makes a few buys now and then.... well he probably is not much in the black, maybe not at all in the black.
                  I think he might, in worst case scenario, become a Mike Tyson.

Tyson is RICH, but he's nowhere near what he was in his prime.

The same goes for Holyfield.

Once Mayweather hits rockbottom, if it ever gets there, he can just as easily go the Tyson or Holyfield route and make a lot of money with speaking tours, appearances, autograph sessions. Licensing his name to items.

Comment

Mansions are very expensive to maintain (so I hear). One mansion owned by east injuns is stocked with 600 servants. This mansion is a 40 story high rise occupied by a single extended family of one of the richest east injuns.

As Floyd recently found out, you have to have a caretaker for mansions while you are away. You need grounds keepers and gardeners to keep the value of the real estate up. Car collections are big drains, too. They require top experts to maintain them. We do not think Floyd is personally changing the oil on his car collection. What he is doing is personally paying for it, though.

Reports make it transparent that Mayweather has probably learned nothing about holding onto money. The 500k a month drain off Billy boy came up with might not be too far amiss.

In the case of a Mayweather being helped by a much smarter person at something he can barely follow, that must for the advisor become a gigantic temptation. The man sent to help you can so easily help himself from your coffers, that he often probably does.

I believe anyone with a few decades left in them has a good chance of reading about a broke Mayweather somewhere ahead in the future. Like Red said, he may still be rich. But it will be an ordinary rich rather than a filthy rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X