No announcement yet.

To give credit i think Canelo is gonna be bad ass at about 29

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To give credit i think Canelo is gonna be bad ass at about 29

When he gets in those real prime years he should be pretty awesome. His defense is good and he's a mean body puncher.

He turned pro as a teenager. Canelo is at his peak right now..

By 29 he will be slipping past his best.

Comment

He's a high quality fighter alright. GGG aside i don't see anyone at 160 beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        He turned pro as a teenager. Canelo is at his peak right now..

By 29 he will be slipping past his best.
        He had 0 fights against true middleweights, he's still got 2-3 years to fully adapt to 160.

Comment

He's an old 27.

Comment

Lmao fighters might as well not fight Canelo until he's 29-30. They won't get credit for it. They'll just say he was young and not in his prime.

Only cowards hide behind that "prime" excuse

Comment

He's pretty bad ass right now. I don't honestly see him getting much better.

His reflexes are great and so is his speed. Both of those will only diminish with time. His problem is not having a killer instinct. He hurts people with his punches but let's them reset, similar to Corto after the Mosley and Margarito fights. I don't see him correcting that either. We're seeing the best version we'll ever get of Canelo, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                He's a high quality fighter alright. GGG aside i don't see anyone at 160 beating him.
                I think Jacobs, Derevyanchenko, Murata and Charlo are all too much for him right now. Him and Lemieux would be a fantastic fight.

Comment

Biologically I am not so sure whether Canelo Alvarez is going to age that well! (I don't think he has improved since Floyd Mayweather at all! It is a shame that Canelo Alvarez's body dimensions force him to fight at 160, because I still think that his frame is too big for 147! But it is also too small for 160! His genetics seem to allow him to put on muscle very easily, which in my opinion forces him to fight at 160! He is a Mesomorph which is a usual body type for a welter-weight! )...

Comment

I don't expect elite fighters to agree to fight him in Vegas any more.

Comment

Working...
                    X