No announcement yet.

Canelo's Trainers Suck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo's Trainers Suck

My opinion is Chavez looked horrible and Alvarez refused to take advantage of it. Chavez was a man looking for a reason to quit, a man ready to be stopped, but Alvarez refused to close the show or step on the gas.

Then you listen to Alvarez's trainers (the butcher boys) and the terrible advice they give him. Telling Alvarez to take 0 chances, to not risk getting hit, to not take Chavez out. These 2 trainers say the very same thing every Alvarez fight. As if they have no confidence in Alvarez to take a punch or take a risk. These 2 guys know nothing about boxing they go lucky and won the lottery by Alvarez choosing them as his trainers. The amateurish things they say in the corner to Alvarez, the 0 risk they want him to take. As if they are afraid their meal ticket will get ko'd.

I always said these trainers are not allowing Alvarez to grow as a fighter. Alvarez should of stopped Chavez tonight, but he refused to close the show.

Idiotic thread. So your advice to him would be "hey, go risk losing the fight that you have already won on the cards"?
    This is ATG stupid thread here.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
      My opinion is Chavez looked horrible and Alvarez refused to take advantage of it. Chavez was a man looking for a reason to quit, a man ready to be stopped, but Alvarez refused to close the show or step on the gas.

Then you listen to Alvarez's trainers (the butcher boys) and the terrible advice they give him. Telling Alvarez to take 0 chances, to not risk getting hit, to not take Chavez out. These 2 trainers say the very same thing every Alvarez fight. As if they have no confidence in Alvarez to take a punch or take a risk. These 2 guys know nothing about boxing they go lucky and won the lottery by Alvarez choosing them as his trainers. The amateurish things they say in the corner to Alvarez, the 0 risk they want him to take. As if they are afraid their meal ticket will get ko'd.

I always said these trainers are not allowing Alvarez to grow as a fighter. Alvarez should of stopped Chavez tonight, but he refused to close the show.
      He is fighting GGG next. It made sense to minimize the risk tonight.

Comment

I think he's at a level like Floyd was that he doesn't really need trainers, he sees things very well in the ring and adjusts well

Comment

Well they must be doing something right
          Canelo has a very strong all round game, good boxing skills, good speed, good ring IQ

Comment

There was no risk, is my point. Chavez tonight was no threat at all. It would of made a hell of a prelude to GGG in Sept if he ko'd Chavez. BTW Canelo's trainers say virtually word for word the same thing in every Alvarez fight. Go back and look at the Cotto fight and Lara. They tell him every round not to take a risk. They spit out a bunch of generic statements over and over.

I know Emmanuel Steward would of urged him to ko Chavez.

Comment

O/10

Will not ever read another thread of yours

Comment

He's a top level fighter that's got better with every fight, they are doing their job.

Not fighting dumb is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                  There was no risk, is my point. Chavez tonight was no threat at all. It would of made a hell of a prelude to GGG in Sept if he ko'd Chavez. BTW Canelo's trainers say virtually word for word the same thing in every Alvarez fight. Go back and look at the Cotto fight and Lara. They tell him every round not to take a risk. They spit out a bunch of generic statements over and over.

I know Emmanuel Steward would of urged him to ko Chavez.
                  very rarely do trainers URGE their guy to ko a person when that person needs a dozen knockdowns just to pull even. a real trainer will tell their guy NOT TO DO SOMETHING STUPID AND GET CAUGHT WITH A DESPERATION BOMB.

Comment

if ever a thread should be rated a 1, this is that thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X