Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Joe Calzaghe beat a prime RJJ and Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Joe Calzaghe beat a prime RJJ and Hopkins?

I Think definitely. Bernard produced some of his career best performances after learning so much from his 118-109 defeat to Joe. Beating RJJ, Pascal and Cloud. Roy Jones Jr had just beaten Felix Trinadad before losing also 118-109 to Calzaghe. I watched Roy's whole career and the guy Joe destroyed was prime RJJ. I felt Joe though was maybe slightly past his best in these fights, which is why he didn't get the stoppage, but I really enjoyed the beat-downs he gave to those two very good fighters

I remember when the trolls used to be good on here

Comment

Their is no such thing as a 40 year old man in his athletic prime in any sport.

Comment

No to both also some people thought Hopkins beat Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          I remember when the trolls used to be good on here
          Just stating what I think. Roy lacks that marquee win to be an ATG and always fell short against the best. He's a lot like Derick Chisora or Adrien Broner that way. Griffin (1) lost, Tarver (2,3) lost. Calzaghe, lost, Danny Green, lost, Hopkins (2) now in his prime, lost. Lebedev, lost. I'll not include Enzo as Roy was done then. But the facts are 80% of the time he stepped up, he lost.

Comment

Roy, hopkins nor joe were prime when they fought

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
              I Think definitely. Bernard produced some of his career best performances after learning so much from his 118-109 defeat to Joe. Beating RJJ, Pascal and Cloud. Roy Jones Jr had just beaten Felix Trinadad before losing also 118-109 to Calzaghe. I watched Roy's whole career and the guy Joe destroyed was prime RJJ. I felt Joe though was maybe slightly past his best in these fights, which is why he didn't get the stoppage, but I really enjoyed the beat-downs he gave to those two very good fighters
              Adalaide Byrd 114-113 | Chuck Giampa 111-116 | Ted Gimza 112-115

stop trolling

Comment

Just stating what I think. Roy lacks that marquee win to be an ATG and always fell short against the best. He's a lot like Derick Chisora or Adrien Broner that way. Griffin (1) lost, Tarver (2,3) lost. Calzaghe, lost, Danny Green, lost, Hopkins (2) now in his prime, lost. Lebedev, lost. I'll not include Enzo as Roy was done then. But the facts are 80% of the time he stepped up, he lost.
                James Toney???? John Ruiz??? Virgil Hill, Tarver?? Hopkins...i know you are trolling but damn you arnt good at it

Comment

No, but neither was Joe.

Comment

Hell no, they were not prime. GTFOH with your English BS. I thought Hopkins beat him and Hopkins had nothing to learn from Joe. Hopkins didn't lose by 118 to 109. He lost a close split decision that most thought he won. Joe was 36 while Hopkins was 43 years old. How in the fucing hell can 43 be prime???? Jones was 39 while Joe was 36 and Jones was shot to hell. You saying a prime Jones fought Joe makes you are a liar or a boxing idiot or both. Jones was in his prime at 29 and that Jones would have slaughtered any version of Joe.Joe was a great fighter but don't rewrite history to try to make him better than he was.

Comment

Working...
                    X