No announcement yet.

BoxRec: Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn Top 30 P4P, higher than Fury, Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoxRec: Jeff 'The Hornet' Horn Top 30 P4P, higher than Fury, Thurman

Now there's decimals on points if you're under 1000. So they're definitely changing the calculations. But funny rankings regardless.

http://boxrec.com/en/ratings?Mri[country]=&Mri[division]=&Mri[sex]=M&Mri[stance]=&Mri[status]=a&r_go=

Anthony Joshua above Lomachenko, Usyk, and Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Anthony Joshua above Lomachenko, Usyk, and Spence
      I’m fine with him over Spence.

The other two are kind of funny though.

Who is Jeff Horn beating though for all this it’s hilarious. Is he having fights and winning that I’m unaware of?

Im starting to think hes gonna suddenly walk out one random day as a unified and lineal champ of some division at this rate. I love it

Comment

And the 5th best middleweight in the world.

Comment

My guess is that Horn is picking up credit every time he's ducked, well why not, that's some sort of measure as to how the potential opposition see him

Comment

This shît literally had me dying in laughter on how bad this list was, all out of order!

Comment

I didn't even know boxrec had a p4p list. That's how much they matter

Comment

Very credible site lol
                Many of the great posters on this site keep mentioning it
                And usually the fans who argue and mention Boxrec is fans that are not located in North America
                Horn ; wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Richard G View Post
                  My guess is that Horn is picking up credit every time he's ducked, well why not, that's some sort of measure as to how the potential opposition see him
                  You might be on to something.

What if...when a fighter calls someone out, if they get ducked, Boxrec points it like a forfeit? The ducking fighter's points, at least some, go to the calling fighter?

That would 100% explain Manny's mysterious 800 point loss, since he ducked Spence and Horn. It would also explain why Horn stays on top, given he's being ducked by two entire weight classes. Actually, three.
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 04-14-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

This is nothing new, everyone knows how it works, it gives points for wins over others that had high points.

Horn beat Pac and AJ beat Wladimir, their rating moved up a ton from that.

Comment

Working...
                    X