Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got to examine Kovalev's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know his record very well. It's an excellent record in my opinion. I thought he deserved the win in the first Ward fight. I thought the ref fuked up in the 2nd Ward fight by giving Ward a KO win when he should have been giving Kovalev 5 minutes to recover from clear low blows and warning Ward to keep his punches up.

Comment

kovalevs record is fine...nothing wrong with it really......the problem becomes though when you have several threads where guys pick apart wards resume and start downplaying all of the guys at 168 he fought....it happens almost daily....so if we can pick apart wards resume certainly there are some holes we can pick in kovalevs or anyones......its a two way street....but the EE fanboys get their panties all twisted when you play their game with their savage killers

there was no cheating or terrible officiating in the 2nd fight.....someone else mentioned this and put it perfectly.....ward may have kovalev with an actual lowblow(accidental) real late before the stoppage....but he had been hitting him with beltline body shots and kovalev was complaining about legal blows....so when he was actually hit with one it was hard for weeks to take him seriously and weeks might have even missed it...it happens....but if kovalev wasnt whining about getting hit with legals he might have had a case.....oh well.....it matters none...kovalev was done and ward would have stopped in soon anyway

Comment

Kovalevs resume:

Gabriel campillo- kov was underdog in this fight when first announced. Campillo was victim of several robberies including tavoris cloud heading into the fight.

Nathan cleverly- undefeated champ, was seen as a pick em fight by many at the time.

Ishmael sillakh- top 10ish contender

Bernard Hopkins- was old but also was the unified wba ibf champ at the time. Top 3 fighter in the division

Pascal x2- former lineal champ, top 5 contender at the time of the first fight

Mohamedi-**** fighter but top 10 contender

Chilemba- top 10 contender

Ward (2 losses)- p4p #1 fighter, lost very close fight the first time many believed kov won. Second fight was also close and was controversially stopped

Far from a great resume, but has some decent wins to his name and almost all were dominant. His two losses were to The p4p #1 and were both very close fights. The main guy missing from his resume is Adonis Stevenson (both sides are to blame for the fight not happening). Beterbiev also turned down the fight last year as well. Plenty of good fighters coming up now for him to add to his resume

As it stands I give his resume a B-

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
          Who's this guy really beat? Jean Pascal? An old B-Hop? That Russian bum he fought in his last fight? This dudes got a B- level record and got exposed when he fought his first prime black slickster.
          I really do enjoy seeing the seeds I've planted start to grow.

Comment

Kovalev worked his way up, his career wasn't guided, he came out of nowhere. He was overlooked as an amateur and never had a real trainer. Beat Ward in the first fight but got robbed. Lost the second fight on an illegal blow after his "trainer" betrayed him and told all the details of his training habits to Ward's camp. Everything was set against him and he still won every single time. Still undefeated and still undisputed.

Comment

Exposed? He arguably beat Ward the first time and should've gotten the decision.

Second time he was arguably winning the fight until he got hurt then low-blowed.

Try harder, ******.

Comment

Kovalev is still undefeated and still undisputed. Ward had to retire after feeling the power of Kovalev. Only had success after Kovalev started to gas due to drinking vodka. These are facts.

Comment

Kovalev beat all your favorite fighters while drinking vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by tjones1989 View Post
                    Who's this guy really beat? Jean Pascal? An old B-Hop? That Russian bum he fought in his last fight? This dudes got a B- level record and got exposed when he fought his first prime black slickster.
                    LOL B-? Everyone you mentioned *to this day, either was a champion when kov fought them, is in the top 10 or is a ranked contender. Wowee, if the guy you call a ‘prime slickster’ is who I think you’re talking about, then im curious on how a guy who habitually uses illegal tactics and constantly loses points is slick to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X