Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what weight class will you be confident a boxer can beat ANY OTHER ATHLETE 1v1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what weight class will you be confident a boxer can beat ANY OTHER ATHLETE 1v1

What's the lowest weight class you will feel confident with in that a boxer can take on any athlete from a TEAM SPORT in a 1v1 fight?
    Obviously a Prime 6'5 Lennox or a Prime Mike Tyson will beat up any athlete from any 'team sport'. I honestly think a Prime Lewis or Vitali will kill Dwight Howard. They are super heavyweights, but what about say a MiddleWeight. Will you feel comfortable in saying 5'10 Marvin Hagler will destroy 6'10 Ben Wallace?
    What about the Welterweights?

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
    What's the lowest weight class you will feel confident with in that a boxer can take on any athlete from a TEAM SPORT in a 1v1 fight?
    Obviously a Prime 6'5 Lennox or a Prime Mike Tyson will beat up any athlete from any 'team sport'. I honestly think a Prime Lewis or Vitali will kill Dwight Howard. They are super heavyweights, but what about say a MiddleWeight. Will you feel comfortable in saying 5'10 Marvin Hagler will destroy 6'10 Ben Wallace?
    What about the Welterweights?
    You obviously never saw the celebrity boxing match between Shaq and Shane Mosley.

Comment

NBA players cannot fight and they are all glass chinned.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        You obviously never saw the celebrity boxing match between Shaq and Shane Mosley.
        Well guys like Mosley and Oscar are normal sized people, a fully trained normal sized prize fighter is obviously going to destroy non fighters. How low will you go though. What about 5'7 Broner at 135 against Dwight Howard?

What about even lower like Gamboa?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          NBA players cannot fight and they are all glass chinned.
          6'5 Lewis once said that if he was ever to fight a 7 footer, he will have to work the body and than slowly work his way up. Lewis is a super heavy weight. Explain to me how a 5'5 130 pound fighter can do this to a 7 footer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
            Well guys like Mosley and Oscar are normal sized people, a fully trained normal sized prize fighter is obviously going to destroy non fighters. How low will you go though. What about 5'7 Broner at 135 against Dwight Howard?

What about even lower like Gamboa?
            Mosley made his mark at 135...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              Mosley made his mark at 135...

gamboa has only recently gone to 135 for the cash, and he's 30. shane made the weight by the grace of god early on in his career, and came in to the fights as a huge LW. when he went to 147 he looked like he belonged there.

he and shane are very different sizes. shane is a normal sized guy. gamboa would look like a small guy if you saw him on the street.

to answer the TS:

the pint sized fighters would have issues with the right athletes. career
              BW and below would have a real hard time doing anything meaningful before they were manhandled.

do i have complete confidence in say, mikey garcia to take ben wallace?
              i think that would be pretty silly.

now, roy jones is knocking ben wallace into next week
              four hooks, one time.

Comment

im real confident most of the top 168 pounders can handle their own vs any athlete in any sport.

160 too but not as confident. 154 and down might be too small and some other sports athletes sheer size advantage might overwhelm their skill.

Comment

I'd say MW, and would probably go as low as JMW.

Unless you are taught how to box you simply don't know how to box, most guys throw sissy slaps or really weak punches. The act of throwing a punch is very unnatural, humans weren't meant to use their fists for fighting, we've got tons of very brittle bones in our hands.

Just imagine prehistoric man fighting that have never seen a boxing match, they probably wrestled or used weapons, there was no boxing going on, probably some messed up version of ground and pound and kicking but that's it lol.

Comment

I think Chavez Jr could whip any other pro sports player in the world. He should be at 168 but he makes 160.

Comment

Working...
                    X