• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good read: Hypocrisy in Boxing

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content8845.html

**** mma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He's right. There is and always has been a double standard in boxing when it comes to African American fighters vs. everyone else.

I remember years ago before Gatti died (rip), Shane Mosley was trying to move down to 140 to fight him.

HBO would not allow it.

Why wasn't the same thing done for Margarito-Pac? HBO should have nixed that fight. Who didn't know Pac was going to blow out Margarito? Margs idiotic LA RAZA fans don't count.

With that said fighters like Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather and to a lesser extent, Bernard Hopkins have been criticized beyond comprehension throughout their careers for basically "making things look too easy".

Yet when an Asian, White, Mexican, etc... boxer pops up on the scene with average skillls he's heralded as "THE NEXT..." with almost ZERO criticism over who he fights (see Manny Pac, Dariusz Michalsweski, Tito Trinidad, The Klits, D. Pirog, Ricky Hatton, etc...).

It's not a COLOR thing it's a nationality thing...

African American athletes receive the most criticism, hate and scrutiny in the world.

Look at how the last half of Roy's prime career was degraded by the critics.

Look at how Floyd Mayweather gets treated.

Look at other sports: LEBRON JAMES, T.O, Moss, Ocho, Allen Iverson, Barry Bonds, etc...

I firmly believe African American athletes get the most hate because they're better than everyone else at what they do. I mean better to the point that certain humans become envious and hateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
        I firmly believe African American athletes get the most hate because they're better than everyone else at what they do.
        That's your problem, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
          He's right. There is and always has been a double standard in boxing when it comes to African American fighters vs. everyone else.

I remember years ago before Gatti died (rip), Shane Mosley was trying to move down to 140 to fight him.

HBO would not allow it.

Why wasn't the same thing done for Margarito-Pac? HBO should have nixed that fight. Who didn't know Pac was going to blow out Margarito? Margs idiotic LA RAZA fans don't count.

With that said fighters like Roy Jones, Floyd Mayweather and to a lesser extent, Bernard Hopkins have been criticized beyond comprehension throughout their careers for basically "making things look too easy".

Yet when an Asian, White, Mexican, etc... boxer pops up on the scene with average skillls he's heralded as "THE NEXT..." with almost ZERO criticism over who he fights (see Manny Pac, Dariusz Michalsweski, Tito Trinidad, The Klits, D. Pirog, Ricky Hatton, etc...).

It's not a COLOR thing it's a nationality thing...

African American athletes receive the most criticism, hate and scrutiny in the world.

Look at how the last half of Roy's prime career was degraded by the critics.

Look at how Floyd Mayweather gets treated.

Look at other sports: LEBRON JAMES, T.O, Moss, Ocho, Allen Iverson, Barry Bonds, etc...

I firmly believe African American athletes get the most hate because they're better than everyone else at what they do. I mean better to the point that certain humans become envious and hateful.
          This was a geat article but let's not make it a race thing there are always going to be haters regardless of nationality,ethnicity, or creed.

Comment

Working...
          X