Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most memorable Miguel Cotto fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean.

Both guys were really big punchers, but the fact that neither looked stunned or bothered by any punch made it seem like two featherfists were slapping each other. It wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as it should have been in theory.
    Aesthetically pleasing? I mean sure neither guy really got hurt, but the ebb and flow, the exchanges, the pace, the swings......if there was one way to describe that fight it would be aesthetically pleasing IMO. It was everything you could possibly want in a fight with the exception of them getting hurt. But that didn't sap all the drama out of it because of all of the aforementioned and cause of how tight of a fight it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      I was at that fight and the crowd was weak compared to every other Cotto fight i had been to(tickets were too expensive). The fight was pretty good not exactly Cotto's most exciting but a nice back and forth battle with some hard shots being exchanged.
      Weak?? I was at the fight too, crowd seemed pretty live to me. It wasn't as crazy as Judah vs Cotto, but nevertheless, I'd balk at calling it a "weak" crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Aesthetically pleasing? I mean sure neither guy really got hurt, but the ebb and flow, the exchanges, the pace, the swings......if there was one way to describe that fight it would be aesthetically pleasing IMO. It was everything you could possibly want in a fight with the exception of them getting hurt. But that didn't sap all the drama out of it because of all of the aforementioned and cause of how tight of a fight it was.
        It just felt like both guys took the punches way too well in my opinion. It's a totally frivolous reason to not like a fight, but I doubt I'm alone.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean.

Both guys were really big punchers, but the fact that neither looked stunned or bothered by any punch made it seem like two featherfists were slapping each other. It wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as it should have been in theory.
          I think this is it.

That fight had such momentum going into it and it ended up being somewhat anticlimactic.

It was a good fight don't get me wrong, but it left me with a bad aftertaste when it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
            Weak?? I was at the fight too, crowd seemed pretty live to me. It wasn't as crazy as Judah vs Cotto, but nevertheless, I'd balk at calling it a "weak" crowd.
            I thought it was weak relatively speaking compared to all of the Cotto fights i had been to. Maybe it was just where i was sitting but the crowd wasnt what i had come to expect.

Comment

Cotto vs Judah
              Cotto vs Marg
              Cotto vs Mosley

Are my personal favs

Comment

Margs,Mosley,Clottey,Q.,Judah and so on

also the Foreman fight,
                Foreman moved corner to corner until his legs collapse, Cotto have been on his nuts with good footwork.

Cotto is a living legend.

Comment

It just felt like both guys took the punches way too well in my opinion. It's a totally frivolous reason to not like a fight, but I doubt I'm alone.
                  Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                  I think this is it.

That fight had such momentum going into it and it ended up being somewhat anticlimactic.

It was a good fight don't get me wrong, but it left me with a bad aftertaste when it was over.
                  Fair enough, to each his own.

Comment

I consider his best fight vs Mosley, but my favorite was the Malignali fight. Cotto demolished a fresh Pauli. Broke his cheek bone on that fight. He looked badass on his beatdown of Quintana too.

Comment

remember how he bodyslammed Clottey LMFO

remember how he bodyslammed Urkal, wasnt it Urkal?

Comment

Working...
                      X