No announcement yet.

Social Justice Warriors in Society

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    You say that now, but the definition of White has changed over time and it did not seem unusual for the census to include Arabs as Whites when they did it.

This isn't how the table works
    Yes, that's exactly how the chart works..

27-29 they have 55% of applicants accepted

Go lower on the test scores and their acceptance level increases even higher, while everyone else's dwindled..

So if your a bottom testing black you have about an 80% chance of acceptance. Compared to the top testing blacks that have 93% acceptance rate

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Yes, that's exactly how the chart works..

27-29 they have 55% of applicants accepted

Go lower on the test scores and their acceptance level increases even higher, while everyone else's dwindled..

So if your a bottom testing black you have about an 80% chance of acceptance. Compared to the top testing blacks that have 93% acceptance rate
      The wording of your previous post makes it seem like you believed that 55% of acceptance letters go to Black students. That's not what the table is saying.

I recall the context for this table - each box is the probability of a student with that GPA, MCAT and race of receiving a yes on at least one of the applications they filled out.

Comment

The wording of your previous post makes it seem like you believed that 55% of acceptance letters go to Black students. That's not what the graph is saying.

I recall the context for this table - it's the probability of a student with that GPA, MCAT and race of receiving a yes on at least one of the applications they filled out.
        Your right,,, my wording sucks,,,

I meant acceptance rate per race, and not total acceptance overall..

Regardless, those numbers are heavily skewered in favor of a certain group, the lower the gpa goes

Comment

Your right,,, my wording sucks,,,

I meant acceptance rate per race, and not total acceptance overall..

Regardless, those numbers are heavily skewered in favor of a certain group, the lower the gpa goes
          I am not gonna rewrite the whole post I made earlier in this thread on this but briefly I will say those affirmative action admits are not going to schools where the non-Black admits are considerably stronger.

AKA what this table really tells me is that of medical schools where most students are at the low end of the table, they have no trouble finding White or Asian students qualified enough so the % admitted is extremely low for them.

Likewise at the higher end, medical schools have some trouble finding Black students who are qualified enough, so the vast majority of qualified Black students will be admitted.

But what the table does not say, that some people will sometimes conclude, that top schools like Harvard admit mediocre Black students in with excellent non-Black students.

EDIT: Well even then I might be over simplifying. Those high probabilities just mean they will find a school to admit them, no telling which one.
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-18-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I am not gonna rewrite the whole post I made earlier in this thread on this but briefly I will say those affirmative action admits are not going to schools where the non-Black admits are considerably stronger.

AKA what this table really tells me is that of medical schools where most students are at the low end of the table, they have no trouble finding White or Asian students qualified enough so the % admitted is extremely low for them.

Likewise at the higher end, medical schools have some trouble finding Black students who are qualified enough, so the vast majority of qualified Black students will be admitted.

But what the table does not say, that some people will sometimes conclude, that top schools like Harvard admit mediocre Black students in with excellent non-Black students.

Well what ****s me up about the graph is the top bracket should be 100% acceptance regardless of race.. then if openings, fill with the next bracket 100%, and so on..

It's ****ed up to think that the elite black students that did everything right and scored highest only have a 93% chance of acceptance, yet if you are black and much farther down on scores you still get like 80% or higher chance of acceptance

Comment

Stupid to have arabs labeled as white

////

You see this. You will never be accepted as white no matter how hard you try

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

////

You see this. You will never be accepted as white no matter how hard you try
                Huh?

It's incredibly stupid to include middle east as "white" in the census. They also include hispanic as "white" in most govt resources.

I assume the main supporters are statist libs who need the myth of a "white" majority to peddle their ideology to the likes of you, the "oppressed" (lazy) man. I'm sure it's unpopular in conservative euro and middle eastern communities alike.

It doesn't change the fact that when we apply to colleges etc we have it much much harder than blacks because we are given the same penalties as white people and you get waved right on in.

Are you happy about it? The reputations of qualified black doctors (and black everything else) suffer because of the sports reject who slept his way into medical school. If you yourself needed heart surgery you would want the Asian who had to beat 99% of the population to get a spot. Every facet of "political correctness/social justice" is moronic.
                Last edited by ////; 10-19-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Well what ****s me up about the graph is the top bracket should be 100% acceptance regardless of race.. then if openings, fill with the next bracket 100%, and so on..

It's ****ed up to think that the elite black students that did everything right and scored highest only have a 93% chance of acceptance, yet if you are black and much farther down on scores you still get like 80% or higher chance of acceptance
                  Well then you should consider that the table stops at an MCAT score of 32, when the highest possible score is 45. Granted, that scores above 40 are extremely rare. [The test may have changed format since that table was made, but this is my understanding based on my friends who applied to med schools]

Also, the table does not include GPAs above 3.79.

I imagine that students with 4.0 or near 4.0 GPAs from any halfway decent school and MCAT scores in the mid 30s are virtually guaranteed to be admitted somewhere regardless of race as long as they don't have a glaring red flag like criminal history.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-19-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
                    Huh?

It's incredibly stupid to include middle east as "white" in the census. They also include hispanic as "white" in most govt resources.

I hate to break it to you. You're not white/European You've never been white/European. You're Arab... Most likely brown to dark... You're more African than European

What a clown this guy is
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 10-19-2017, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Well then you should consider that the table stops at an MCAT score of 32, when the highest possible score is 45. Granted, that scores above 40 are extremely rare. [The test may have changed format since that table was made, but this is my understanding based on my friends who applied to med schools]

Also, the table does not include GPAs above 3.79.

I imagine that students with 4.0 or near 4.0 GPAs from any halfway decent school and MCAT scores in the mid 30s are virtually guaranteed to be admitted somewhere regardless of race as long as they don't have a glaring red flag like criminal history.

I don't think it's the full chart all the way up the scale, they just cropped it for photo

Comment

Working...
                      X