Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Plans To Sue Tyson Fury, Rematch Now in Limbo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Now these 2 points are linked, because UKAD have a policy of revealing NOTHING about positive tests, or bans imposed as a result of them, until the bans have been completed.

The media and the fans only get to find out about athletes being banned when they are unable to compete or, as in Fury's case, somebody leaks it to the press.

Tony Thompson was actually banned by UKAD within weeks of his fight with Price. But because he isn't licenced in the UK, they only had the power to ban him from competing over here, not anywhere else, so nobody knew anything about it.

Even Price himself was only told about TT's ban after it expired last June.

Edit: If you look at UKAD's website you will see a long list of sanctions they have imposed. But the only info given is the sport involved and the illegal substance that was used. If you want to find out the athlete's name and the punishment they recieved you have to contact UKAD and request that info.

Ok.. I stand corrected on Thompson's case.. Still does not warrant from UKAD to let Fury out with a warning in 2015 & letting the fight go through & not making the news known to Wlad & his team..
    That said, I would want to see a rematch between these 2.. Now it won't be on 29-Oct & it has got to be after the tribunal in Nov & that's about fair share to Wlad's team after they were in the dark about the whole issue in the first place..

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Everyone just needs to take a breath. This is a very unusual case and the bottom line is that we don't know the details, so arguing it is pretty pointless right now.

Tyson and Hughie both suspended. The injury. The a-side was dirty but the b-side was clean... I mean, I can't remember the last time that actually happened. UKAD staying silent on everything for ages and then suspending him. It's just a big mess and we have to sit tight and wait.
      This ^^^..
      As dodgy as the case is/was.. THe best way is to wait until the tribunal in Nov..

Thanks paulf.. You enlightened me.. (no pun intended)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        Ok.. I stand corrected on Thompson's case.. Still does not warrant from UKAD to let Fury out with a warning in 2015 & letting the fight go through & not making the news known to Wlad & his team..
        That said, I would want to see a rematch between these 2.. Now it won't be on 29-Oct & it has got to be after the tribunal in Nov & that's about fair share to Wlad's team after they were in the dark about the whole issue in the first place..
        I'm still hoping the fight will go ahead on Oct 29th. The only thing that might stop it is Wlad bringing a law suit against Team Fury for - allegedly - trying to change the agreed contract.

Wlad doesn't seem concerned about Fury's test result from last year, which seems strange. He never mentioned it in his statement anyway, just said that he wants VADA testing for the rematch.

But Fury is still being tested by UKAD. So if VADA testing isn't in the contract, Wlad won't be able to insist in Fury doing it as well as the UKAD tests. Unless he is trying to change the contract too!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I'm still hoping the fight will go ahead on Oct 29th. The only thing that might stop it is Wlad bringing a law suit against Team Fury for - allegedly - trying to change the agreed contract.

Wlad doesn't seem concerned about Fury's test result from last year, which seems strange. He never mentioned it in his statement anyway, just said that he wants VADA testing for the rematch.

But Fury is still being tested by UKAD. So if VADA testing isn't in the contract, Wlad won't be able to insist in Fury doing it as well as the UKAD tests. Unless he is trying to change the contract too!
          Actually Boente said in his interview prior that they want the UKAD to come up with the doping allegations ruling on Fury.. Wlad did not make any statements & rightly so, I cannot imagine Wlad even blaming Fury for his loss(which he accepted that he lost)

It was Boente's statement last week that Fury & team are trying to make a change in the contract terms.. He also insisted that his team wants VADA testing to be included - personally I am in favor of that considering that UKAD does not even seem credible after all the sham that happened.. Its their way of saying I dont trust UKAD, get VADA in so that Fury can be tested & if he is clean let the rematch happen..

Comment

• Klitschko’s manager says Tyson Fury tries to find the way to get out of the rematch

http://boxingnews.com.ua/en/news/172...chko-menedzher

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              at this point...i just don't care about the rematch anymore. the fight wasn't even close to begin with. didn't even warrant a rematch to begin with & then u tell me we have to go through this **** just to see it?

forget the rematch........wlad needs to retire & fury needs to fight joshua or ortiz. give us something new. we already saw wlad get schooled.

so what........
              Wlad being champion for pretty much a decade warrants a rematch

Comment

• Fury is champ... he should be the one who sets the terms of a voluntary defense

Comment

• Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post
                  Fury is champ... he should be the one who sets the terms of a voluntary defense
                  He did...

“Before everything was fine, we had signed the agreement many months ago.

“Now the Fury team – in my gut feeling – are trying to find ways to get out of the fight. All the contracts are signed, they were happy with it. Suddenly they want to renegotiate and have impossible demands and we have to make sure that we implement our rights to go through with the fight.

“They want to change everything and my feeling is that they want to get out of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X