No announcement yet.

Roach's 142 proposal......***** move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
    ***** move if they make Cotto or Shane go down to 142, but not a ***** move if its for a fight with Mayweather cause I feel Floyd can make the weight and be healthy.
    That's b.s.

Fight the fighter when he is healthy.

Freddie already made mention why he would want Floyd to come down in weight: to take something out of him for the fight. And now he wants to do that with Cotto and Shane.

Fact: Pac already fought at 147 and won. He can do it again.

Moving up in weight is much easier than moving down because when you move up, you decide on how much weight you want to put on...but moving down, you are stripping your health/power/energy/strength/stamina/mental thinking.

And the fact is, Pac will be 147+ just like Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
      Yes, he can fight Pac but how big will the fight be if Floyd knocks him out?

JMM fights Floyd next, remember.
      Definately not smaller than their last date. Those guys you mentioned will get a big fight too if they choose Pac. So your question could go back to which fight is bigger than a fight with Pacquiao? Hella people are talking about Pac right now. Goes both ways.

Comment

I think it's smart more than anything, he doesn't really need them, they need him so he can dictate the terms but I think Roach is willing to go to 143 or 144, he's just playing hardball.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Ace View Post
          He's running for Congressman havent you heard?

Marquez 3 would always be open and if there arent anymore takers after that, its not bad for him if he retires at that point. It would be healthier for him too.
          I would be cool with Pac retiring but I doubt he would. Freddie still needs to cash out with two more fights. And I think Pac does want Floyd since Freddie made mention of it when the Hatton fight was being discussed....Pac wanted Floyd and not Hatton.

If Floyd knocks out JMM, I can't see how much credit Pac would get...but then again, Floyd knocks out Hatton and then Pac does it and there is huge praise for him so......

Comment

That's b.s.

Fight the fighter when he is healthy.

Freddie already made mention why he would want Floyd to come down in weight: to take something out of him for the fight. And now he wants to do that with Cotto and Shane.

Fact: Pac already fought at 147 and won. He can do it again.

Moving up in weight is much easier than moving down because when you move up, you decide on how much weight you want to put on...but moving down, you are stripping your health/power/energy/strength/stamina/mental thinking.

And the fact is, Pac will be 147+ just like Floyd.

wrong again....is unofficial weights............still ducking me....................lol

Comment

if cotto, mosley "cant pull the trigger anymore" manny can fight them @ 147. manny fighting oscar at 147 will only happen 1 time i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                I think it's smart more than anything, he doesn't really need them, they need him so he can dictate the terms but I think Roach is willing to go to 143 or 144, he's just playing hardball.
                True, he doesn't need them, but they are the biggest money fights out there so he actually does need them.

If Shane, Cotto, and Floyd say no to Pac and decide to fight between them, then Pac is left out to fight........JMM? And if he is knocked out by Floyd that would still look good?

There are lower money fights at 140 he can do.

Either way, it's a ***** move from Freddie and I hope they bring this up. Smart as far as War, but still reminds me of

Comment

True, he doesn't need them, but they are the biggest money fights out there so he actually does need them.

If Shane, Cotto, and Floyd say no to Pac and decide to fight between them, then Pac is left out to fight........JMM? And if he is knocked out by Floyd that would still look good?

There are lower money fights at 140 he can do.
                  But those guys would also know that they can't make as much money fighting each other as they would fighting him, as I said I think Roach is just taking a hard stance, I think he'll soften up.

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                    wrong again....is unofficial weights............still ducking me....................lol
                    I didn't duck you. I answered your question...where was your response?

Bring that page back up and you will see my response.

147 was the official FREDDIE ROACH weight (for the Diaz fight and what he was expecting for the Hatton fight). Freddie also said Pac was 152 pounds at 6% bodyfat while training for Oscar. His numbers are most likely from Pac's personal trainer who writes down everything and gives Freddie feedback.

Make sure you respond to this so that I know you got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                      But those guys would also know that they can't make as much money fighting each other as they would fighting him, as I said I think Roach is just taking a hard stance, I think he'll soften up.
                      FLOYD: they can go after Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X