Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best chance of beating Fury the Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
    Stylistically Wilder actually probably posed the biggest threat, because hes 6'7 and has massive one punch KO power that carries through the whole 12 rounds. At any point he can potentially land a hail Mary on someone.
    Yeah it's funny how Wilder is kind of a massive threat to anyone and any style, and even for Fury-Wilder 3, you can't rule him out.

Whilst he's limited and can be outboxed, unless you can stay focussed for 12 rounds, or press the gas and stop him without making any mistakes – then he's a nightmare to go up against.

I genuinely think Wilder stops AJ most times they fight, even though AJ has so much more to his game. Same goes for Wlad if they fought.

If heavyweight boxers boxers could choose anyone from the top 3 to fight, I doubt they'd choose Wilder (apart from Whyte!).

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      No, I think he is top guy because he beat Klitschko and Wilder. Who ever beat Wilder before Fury did?
      Wilder was getting beat by Ortiz, Washington and a few others before bailing himself out with the right hand. He was a very flawed champion who ran from any and all big challenges through the years. His time was limited. And Fury was on steroids when he fought Klitschko, which is part of the reason he was never going to rematch him. Because he got caught on nandrolone. Again, fighting Sefari, Swcharz, Wallin and Pianette doesn't make you #1, or at least it shouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Butt stuff View Post
        Yeah it's funny how Wilder is kind of a massive threat to anyone and any style, and even for Fury-Wilder 3, you can't rule him out.

Whilst he's limited and can be outboxed, unless you can stay focussed for 12 rounds, or press the gas and stop him without making any mistakes – then he's a nightmare to go up against.

I genuinely think Wilder stops AJ most times they fight, even though AJ has so much more to his game. Same goes for Wlad if they fought.

If heavyweight boxers boxers could choose anyone from the top 3 to fight, I doubt they'd choose Wilder (apart from Whyte!).
        Wilder is still the #2 HW, just because he lost to the #1 doesn't automatically make him rubbish.

I'd bet big money on him putting AJ to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          Wilder was getting beat by Ortiz, Washington and a few others before bailing himself out with the right hand. He was a very flawed champion who ran from any and all big challenges through the years. His time was limited. And Fury was on steroids when he fought Klitschko, which is part of the reason he was never going to rematch him. Because he got caught on nandrolone. Again, fighting Sefari, Swcharz, Wallin and Pianette doesn't make you #1, or at least it shouldn't.
          Man, I would pick Wilder to beat every heavyweight not named Tyson Fury. Joshua fight is 50 -50.

Yes, everybody is outboxing him before he is put to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Man, I would pick Wilder to beat every heavyweight not named Tyson Fury. Joshua fight is 50 -50.

Yes, everybody is outboxing him before he is put to sleep.
            You back him to beat any heavyweight based off what? The pathetic chumps that he has fought so far? Or the fact that he has an excuse every time a real contender or another champion is ready to fight him? He has successfully avoided Klitschko, Haye, Povetkin, Joshua, Parker, Whyte and the list goes on. But he has bo problem fighting Arreola, Washington, Szpilka, Duhauhas and the rest of the bums he fought

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
              If an absolute unknown HW in Otto Wallin can take serious rounds from Fury, any competent boxer with power can beat him on the right night.

Uysk would be my first choice then somebody who can apply smart pressure like Dubois. AJ and Wilder obviously have a chance to knock him out too.

Why do you make this baseless assumption, that because someone is unknown, they aren't good?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Why do you make this baseless assumption, that because someone is unknown, they aren't good?
                If you could point to where I said he wasn't good, i'd understand your point. It's you who has assumed that because somebody is unknown, they aren't good. However let's explore the point anyway. What's that expression of steel sharpening steel? Boxers become the best version of themselves, fighting and learning from the very best. Otto Wallin hadn't fought anybody, of any note and was entirely unknown because of it. It's very likely that he's now a better boxer, having shared the ring with Fury.

So my point was that if somebody unknown and untested can cut up and take rounds from Fury, any good heavyweight on the right night can beat him. The dude I quoted said he was unbeatable in this era. I disagree. (I don't think any of the current crop of HW's are unbeatable)

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                  If you could point to where I said he wasn't good, i'd understand your point. It's you who has assumed that because somebody is unknown, they aren't good. However let's explore the point anyway. What's that expression of steel sharpening steel? Boxers become the best version of themselves, fighting and learning from the very best. Otto Wallin hadn't fought anybody, of any note and was entirely unknown because of it. It's very likely that he's now a better boxer, having shared the ring with Fury.

So my point was that if somebody unknown and untested can cut up and take rounds from Fury, any good heavyweight on the right night can beat him. The dude I quoted said he was unbeatable in this era. I disagree. (I don't think any of the current crop of HW's are unbeatable)

"If an absolute unknown HW in Otto Wallin can take serious rounds from Tyson Fury..."

Do you disagree that this gives the impression that you are implying that because Wallin wasn't "known", that he shouldn't be good enough to make a fight interesting, competitive, dirty, rough, etc? That's what I took from that statement. Personally, I'm of the opinion that there isn't a correlation with popularity and skill, and that whether you are a known fighter or not, doesn't necessarily have a bearing on your skillset, abilities, or experience.

Comment

Flip hyrgovic destroyer of Deontay wilder in sparring is one to look out for.
                    Further down line Ivan dychko

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Flip hyrgovic destroyer of Deontay wilder in sparring is one to look out for.
                      Further down line Ivan dychko
                      Good post.

Both show areas of promise, and the division just getting deeper and hotter is only a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X