Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Luis Ortiz, Don't F*** Up, and I Declare War on Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
    Are you a promoter? Are you making a cut/profit from the split? Why do you care? If joshua was in the ring by himself I would say he deserves 100 percent but hes not.. hes facing wilder. Which means two men in the ring.. two men doing half of the work.. two men should split the pay in half.. common sense.. considering wilder as a legit threat to joshua and the whole world would want to see this more than any of Joshua's past opponents including parker. He should get half for doing half the work and hype.
    I dont think you get how it works. Wilder doesnt deserve 50/50 just because hes in the ring with joshua. He makes 1 million per fight. And joshua makes around 15 million on average. Now i personally dont give 2 ****s what they make. But wilder is not getting a split down the middle with him. He deserves around 30-40 percent at best and thats exactly what he will get if he really wants the fight. JOshua is the star, hes the draw, hes the one that gets the paydays. Wilder is a can crusher making chump change compared to him.

Comment

Wilder is so goofy

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Okay, so let's go by your preferred rankings. By your preferred rankings, Wilder's March fight is tougher than AJ's March fight.

So have the winners meet after that and all is right in the world. Do you have a problem with that?
        I have no issue with that...

However, it seems that Wilder does because he's stuck on a 50-50 split

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
          I have no issue with that...

However, it seems that Wilder does because he's stuck on a 50-50 split
          You're being silly. He's going to demand 50/50. Hearn will demand 70/30. The fight will happen at 60/40. This is how negotiating works.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            You're being silly. He's going to demand 50/50. Hearn will demand 70/30. The fight will happen at 60/40. This is how negotiating works.
            Saying "50-50 or no fight" is not how negotiating works.

Parker didn't say anything to that nature and it didn't take much to get that fight arranged.

Comment

Saying "50-50 or no fight" is not how negotiating works.
              How many fights have you negotiated in your life?

Comment

That's not how it works, fam.

If that was the case, then Canelo-Golovkin would have been a 50-50 split and it clearly was not.

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/new...aturday-night/
                That’s how big business works.. we just sent over the contract.. 50%

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                  I dont think you get how it works. Wilder doesnt deserve 50/50 just because hes in the ring with joshua. He makes 1 million per fight. And joshua makes around 15 million on average. Now i personally dont give 2 ****s what they make. But wilder is not getting a split down the middle with him. He deserves around 30-40 percent at best and thats exactly what he will get if he really wants the fight. JOshua is the star, hes the draw, hes the one that gets the paydays. Wilder is a can crusher making chump change compared to him.
                  Im not under the spell.. im being realistic.. do you understand big business? We sent the contract.. its Exactly What said.. 50/50 here in vegas.. Joshua will have his highest payday.. game over AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                    This whole back and forth talk is entertaining because the fight will happen by November of this year...but to get into what is happening now and why it is so hilarious is that all these people that are siding for Wilder and are so certain that Wilder can come up with this money can't explain why that money was nowhere to be found last year when Wilder was talking about unifying the belts.

No one can explain why this money wasn't being brought up when Wilder was supposedly trying to fight Parker.

No one can explain why this money wasn't being brought up when Wilder was talking about 50/50 splits and when Haymon met with Hearn in November 9th.

No one can explain why this money wasn't being brought up when Haymon and DiBella lost a purse bid to Ryabinsky and World of Boxing in 2016.

But yet we are supposed to believe that they have the money now. Cool story bros

Comment

Working...
                    X