No announcement yet.

21st Century top 5 greatest boxers.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    From 2000-2005 Castillo beat Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Joel Casamayor, Diego Corrales and arguably beat Mayweather. While he took a few L's early and late in his career to subpar fighters. His resume is undeniable and leaps and bounds ahead of Cotto if you talk who he actually beat.
    I have to agree....Cotto was a titleholder in 4 divisons but was never considered THE MAN

a LOT of people underrate JLC because he is a former mayweather opponent and how he lost to Hatton...no need for me to go in to detail

until losing to Hatton and being used up Jose Luis Castillo was one of the top 10-15 best fighter in the sport

Cotto's best wins are a crippled Martinez, a still good Mosley, Margarito and Judah

Johnston, Corrales, Casamayor, Bazan were all in their primes when JLC beat them.

people just see names on records and dont watch the fights.....early in his career they put him in with future champion Javier Jauregui who was far more experienced and Cesar Soto who was too

he got fed to the wolves early on and found his stride around 1999 after he beat Jorge Paez

Comment

Cotto got alot of haters hahaha, oh well were ricans, we are so hate bacause we produced everything, including some of the most beautiful woman's on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
        Cotto got alot of haters hahaha, oh well were ricans, we are so hate bacause we produced everything, including some of the most beautiful woman's on earth.
        man you aint never lied...as far as Cotto he is one of the best but not top 5

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I have to agree....Cotto was a titleholder in 4 divisons but was never considered THE MAN

a LOT of people underrate JLC because he is a former mayweather opponent and how he lost to Hatton...no need for me to go in to detail

until losing to Hatton and being used up Jose Luis Castillo was one of the top 10-15 best fighter in the sport

Cotto's best wins are a crippled Martinez, a still good Mosley, Margarito and Judah

Johnston, Corrales, Casamayor, Bazan were all in their primes when JLC beat them.

people just see names on records and dont watch the fights.....early in his career they put him in with future champion Javier Jauregui who was far more experienced and Cesar Soto who was too

he got fed to the wolves early on and found his stride around 1999 after he beat Jorge Paez
          Yeah I don't even look at his record beyond the two Chico fights. Those fights effectively ended both guys careers.

Comment

man you aint never lied...as far as Cotto he is one of the best but not top 5
            Well he is up there with the best, he has to be top 10 from boxers of 2000s.

btw i think we are 2nd or 3rd in Miss Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
              Well he is up there with the best, he has to be top 10 from boxers of 2000s.

btw i think we are 2nd or 3rd in Miss Universe.
              the caribbean should have there own pagaent....carribean women are the most beautiful women in the world, half the time the woman who wins these pagaents wont even make me bat an eye...nothing like a woman mixed with Black, native american and a dab of european.

God bless america

Comment

Yeah I don't even look at his record beyond the two Chico fights. Those fights effectively ended both guys careers.
                There fight was easily the best fight I've ever saw live...I literally was jumping out of my seat, yelling at the TV...had friends who didnt watch boxing on the edge of their seat.

two champions in their prime, both are good runs, punchers with good technique and heart....they'd brutalize the guys at 130 and 135 today....IMO only Uchiyama could hang with either today

imo both should be in the hall of fame one day.....there are several fighters that they accomplished more than that are in already

Comment

There fight was easily the best fight I've ever saw live...I literally was jumping out of my seat, yelling at the TV...had friends who didnt watch boxing on the edge of their seat.

two champions in their prime, both are good runs, punchers with good technique and heart....they'd brutalize the guys at 130 and 135 today....IMO only Uchiyama could hang with either today

imo both should be in the hall of fame one day.....there are several fighters that they accomplished more than that are in already
                  Castillo is a no brainer for the HoF imo and Chico is kind of borderline, but have no problems if he eventually gets there. As for 130lbers today. I would throw Walters in with Uchiyama just because he has the size and power to clip either one. They both wreck 135.

Comment

Castillo is a no brainer for the HoF imo and Chico is kind of borderline, but have no problems if he eventually gets there. As for 130lbers today. I would throw Walters in with Uchiyama just because he has the size and power to clip either one. They both wreck 135.
                    Chico did win possibly the greatest title fight in recent history and although he lost his last 3 fights, the only fighters in his career that he faced that he couldnt beat was the greatest of his generation Mayweather and Clottey who was a huge welterweight

I look at who has got in recently....Mcguigan, Gatti, and friggin Mancini....Chico wouldve beat those guys imo and had a better career

2 time titleholder at 130 and won the lineal lightweigh title...wins over JLC, Casamayor, the Freitas comeback is overshadowed by the JLC comeback, and lets not forget wins over titeholders Smoke Gainer, Robert Garcia, St. Claire

He was skilled and exciting and one of the best of an era that rivaled the 80s as far as talent @ 130-135

I personally think he should be in....I dont see how Edwin Rosario and Jose LUIS rAMIREZ is in and Chico doesnt get in when they all had similar careers but Chico actually won a lineal/undisputed title too and was as exciting if not more

He deserves it IMO

Comment

No way Tito should be in there. 6-3 record since 2000, and his three biggest fights are the 3 L's. B-Hop is 19-5-1 since 2000, including a win over Trinidad

1. Floyd
                      2. Manny
                      3. Wlad
                      4. B-Hop

No real compelling guys that jump out for the 5th spot, but certainly some you could argue for

Comment

Working...
                      X