No announcement yet.

Ortiz, Ruiz, Wilder and Kownacki...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Joshua fought Wladimir Klitschko in his 19th fight. He was pushed fast and not protected at all.
    Yeah AJ is a warrior with a great resume.

Beyonce is a bum. Biggest hype job since Primo Carnera

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      How can you honestly say AJ is fighting the best. His recent opposition Ruiz ( Originally Miller) , Takam , Parker , Pulev, Povetkin , aren’t exactly backing up that statement. But I forgot Hearn made offers so it’s almost like AJ fought the best
      Most of those guys were top 10 when he fought them.

Wilder
      Fury
      Ortiz
      Kownacki
      Whyte

All turned down offers to fight Joshua last year.

Keep talking shite doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Wilder
        Fury
        Ortiz
        Kownacki
        Whyte

Keep talking shite doe.
        Funny how the list starts just after Wlad, and still includes a unification. Bringing up Joshua's resume as an example of being protected really doesn't make much sense.

Something that always struct me about Ortiz, he really doesn't have any real significant wins but was hyped to form this narrative to pump up two Wilder fights, always with the same language "boogeyman of the division" as if it was passed round as a talking point, which was great because it made him sound dangerous while also excusing his resume. Until he turned down $7M to fight Joshua which sort of put a dent in the no one wants to fight him angle.

Comment

How can you honestly say AJ is fighting the best. His recent opposition Ruiz ( Originally Miller) , Takam , Parker , Pulev, Povetkin , aren’t exactly backing up that statement. But I forgot Hearn made offers so it’s almost like AJ fought the best
          Povetkin, Pulev and Parker were all top ten in the world when he fought them. Ruiz and Takam were just outside the top ten. He also fought Whyte (#6) and Klitschko. And he made career high offers to Ortiz, Kownacki, Wilder and Fury which were all turned down. So what are you saying? Should he have fought Arreola, Washington ans Szpilka like Wilder? Or Sefari, Scwartz and Wallin like Fury did?

Comment

Originally posted by MEXICAN STYLE View Post
            So you're a Joshua/Eddie Hearn guy ?
            No, I'm a "whoever fights the best and proves he is the best best" guy. Right now, AJ is the only heavyweight out there trying to fight all of the best guys in the division. Whyte too for that matter. Wilder and Fury talk a lot, but then they make excuses when it's time to make the big fights. Ruiz is coming back now and he is going to fight Arreola after turning down good money to fight Whyte. That's whack and I cannot get behind that.

Comment

[QUOTE=MastaBlasta;20455378]
              Originally posted by MastaBlasta
              Originally Posted by MastaBlasta View Post
              PBC nor anyone else hasn't been protecting anyone. These fights always have the potential for unexpected results. That's HW boxing, and boxing overall. Particularly at HW however, styles makes fights ... and small lapses in defense can change everything in short order (something AJ found out). No fighter has been protected anymore than AJ has. This is the sport. Unexpected results can and do happen. This is why we fight the fights!

Ever since Ruiz upset AJ there has been a run of upsets and surprises. This is GREAT! Not something to be furthering weak-ass conspiracy theories with.

Fan girls and their nonsense should be banned Take a seat lass.

You misread what I am saying. I didn't say AJ has been protected, I said no fighter was protected, any more than AJ has been protected (he hasn't been).

Maybe the phrase should have been "like AJ, these guys haven't been protected"

I understand the confusion with the wording.

My point is, at HW those are large usually powerful men. Punches are dangerous most of the time. Getting in the ring with any large man kind of rules out the "protected" idea. Taking fire from men that large rules out "protection" by a promoter or advisor. Those punches are damaging, even when it looks like they aren't.

So, no, there are no "protected" fighters at HW. Also. there really are no "bums" fighting at HW either. Anyone that believes there are some bums should get in the ring with the fighter they think is MOST the bum, and trade some punches. Your terminology would get corrected in short order.

I like Wilder as a fighter, but I agree he got his butt handed to him. It's never a good thing to over-talk your own hype ... and start believing that you don't have to prepare to outwork, outsmart, and outdefend another fighter. Talk and hype won't get it done against the best. Wilder got a tough, valuable lesson. I think he can do better than he showed, but Fury is a big, strong, motivated fighter .... and the added Kronk "Gangsta" in his attitude makes him very dangerous and difficult. Wilder at his best may not be able to beat him .... but he should show up prepared, fit, and at his best to find out. For whatever reasons he was not in the II fight. We'll see in the III fight.

That said, Wilder has battled many and done well. He's far from a bum. No professional HW fighter is a bum, let alone a former champ.
              I disagree fully. Wilder turned down 120 million and unification. That told me all I needed to know about him. He has repeatedly turned down fights with the best opponents, only to fight guys who make him look good. And he has done this for years until he finally fought someone decent in Fury. Now fans see him for what he is worth but I've seen it for years now. He has avoided Whyte, AJ, Povetkin, Pulev, Haye, Parker, the Klitschkos and most of the top 20 right now. There is no excuse for that kind of resume in 5 years of having a belt.

Comment

Wilder
                Fury
                Ortiz
                Kownacki
                Whyte

Keep talking shite doe.
                Not talking sh.it just saying AJ hasn’t gone out and fought the
                Best

Keep believing that AJ is the only cash cow in the history of the sport that can’t get the fights he wants

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                Povetkin, Pulev and Parker were all top ten in the world when he fought them. Ruiz and Takam were just outside the top ten. He also fought Whyte (#6) and Klitschko. And he made career high offers to Ortiz, Kownacki, Wilder and Fury which were all turned down. So what are you saying? Should he have fought Arreola, Washington ans Szpilka like Wilder? Or Sefari, Scwartz and Wallin like Fury did?
                Fighting the lower tier top 10s isn’t fighting the best

Wilder 4/5 fights fighting top 5 guys is going out and fighting the best

Fury 2/4 fighting #1-3 is fighting the best

I’d rather AJ fought 2 no hopers then fought Fury / Wilder instead of always fighting 6-10 guys

Whyte wasn’t a top 10 when AJ fought him , it was a domestic grudge match & due to inactivity Klit wasn’t in the top 10 either

AJ the cash cow he can fight anyone he wants , Obviously you’re a minion that thinks just because a offers thrown out there doesn’t means they actually want AJs team wants that fight.

AJ isn’t fighting the best available HWs if he was he’d have fought Wilder or Fury by now

Comment

Not talking sh.it just saying AJ hasn’t gone out and fought the
                  Best

Keep believing that AJ is the only cash cow in the history of the sport that can’t get the fights he wants

Fighting the lower tier top 10s isn’t fighting the best

Wilder 4/5 fights fighting top 5 guys is going out and fighting the best

Fury 2/4 fighting #1-3 is fighting the best

I’d rather AJ fought 2 no hopers then fought Fury / Wilder instead of always fighting 6-10 guys

Whyte wasn’t a top 10 when AJ fought him , it was a domestic grudge match & due to inactivity Klit wasn’t in the top 10 either

AJ the cash cow he can fight anyone he wants , Obviously you’re a minion that thinks just because a offers thrown out there doesn’t means they actually want AJs team wants that fight.

AJ isn’t fighting the best available HWs if he was he’d have fought Wilder or Fury by now
                  Ok, so obviously you are either slow, stupid or both. But let's try again. IF WILDER AND FURY BOTH SAY NO TO FIGHTING AJ, THEN HOW CAN THE FIGHT GET MADE? Ortiz turned down the fight too. The rest of the top ten he either fought or tried to fight. And let me ask this. If AJ fights Sefari, Scwartz, Wallin, Szpilka, Washington, Arreola and the rest on the bums that Fury and Wilder fought, would his resume be better? No? Then stop the stupidity. Wilder and Fury fought each other, because they both think they can beat each other. They both know they will lose to AJ and that's why neither will fight him without asking for ridiculous money.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
                    Funny how the list starts just after Wlad, and still includes a unification. Bringing up Joshua's resume as an example of being protected really doesn't make much sense.

Something that always struct me about Ortiz, he really doesn't have any real significant wins but was hyped to form this narrative to pump up two Wilder fights, always with the same language "boogeyman of the division" as if it was passed round as a talking point, which was great because it made him sound dangerous while also excusing his resume. Until he turned down $7M to fight Joshua which sort of put a dent in the no one wants to fight him angle.
                    Ortiz was being hyped even before the Wilder fight

Comment

Wilder
                      Fury
                      Ortiz
                      Kownacki
                      Whyte

Ruiz whooped that azz though didn't he? So the rankings are rankings, not gospel. They are estimates of guys place in line. Only the fights matter. Nevermind Ruiz was too busy partying to take care of business in the rematch. Joshua knows he got his azz whooped ... and rightly stayed away from him in the rematch, even overweight and out of condition, LoL!

If piss-poor offers are made (relative to the event and potential money) they should be turned down. Means nothing more than these guys are not business-fools nor aj/hearn lacky's. They have to come right with the offers ... or, go fight Pulev. Nobody but hearn Lackies will defend those ridiculous offers to control fighters next 3 -4 fights and promotions ... even if AJ has the belts.

Kudos to Ruiz, took his hamburger money and whooped AJ's azz, LoL! Got a nice piece of cash too ...
                      Last edited by MastaBlasta; 03-12-2020, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X