No announcement yet.

Fury-Wilder 2 vs AJ-Ruiz 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
    I wanted to see what all your thoughts were about the version of Fury in his rematch with Wilder compared to AJ in his rematch with Ruiz.

IMO Fury in his rematch with Wilder utterly made what AJ did in his rematch with Ruiz look like shht.

For one going in to his rematch with Wilder, Fury was insistent on bringing the heat, pressure and eventually knocking out Wilder. Not for one minute did Fury say he was going to box better and be super slick as is the norm for him in his fights. He said he was bringing the heat and pressure and knocking him out. And he fought exactly to a T that exact same way. Impressive IMO, because I didn't believe him on his claimed strategy, I thought it was a bluff and kind of nuts. Dude proved me wrong, and i salute him for that.

Now with AJ in his rematch with Ruiz. All that dude said was, that Ruiz was a fluke and hes Knocking him out in devastating fashion. He was very insistent on making everyone believe he was going to bring the heat and destroy Ruiz. When fight night came and the bell rang, how did he fight? He employed a very safe and cautious fight plan to ensure he'd get the win. Not for a second did he become aggressive and try and go the the KO. He was just playing it safe to get the win. He got the job done but it was very Blahh type performance.

One guy, Fury, goes into his rematch with the attitude and game plan to not just try and ensure a victory but to get a devastating and absolute dominating victory. He didn't try and play it safe to get the win.

The other guy, AJ, shook from his knock out loss tried to make everyone believe he was going to go for the kill KO of Ruiz. Instead employed a safe non aggressive boxing strategy to ensure the safest route to victory. Very Blahhh IMO

This victory by Fury just made him the true man of the division and AJ is going to have to abide by what he says if he ever has the balls to step up and fight.
    - -Boo Hoo Hoo

U Sissyboys ever get over Fury and Wilder offered AJ after Miller punked out VADA?

Fat Andy mo' Man than U 2 sissies hogtied together...Duh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      So you believe that the most important thing in boxing is to acquire money? What about legacy? Fury did exactly what he had to do because having your name etched in eternity is more important.
      I don't know how you got that from my post.

AJ needed to get back in the win column to continue to define his legacy after the upset loss. He will get legacy fights because he generates so much money for the opponent.

This was Fury's biggest fight. Ruiz 2 will be a minor blip on AJ's career IMO because I assume he will keep fighting all the top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I don't know how you got that from my post.

AJ needed to get back in the win column to continue to define his legacy after the upset loss. He will get legacy fights because he generates so much money for the opponent.

This was Fury's biggest fight. Ruiz 2 will be a minor blip on AJ's career IMO because I assume he will keep fighting all the top guys.
        If Lennox ran around the ring for 12 rounds in the rematch and decisioned Rahman then he isn’t the legend he is today. He’s a laughing stock. Every fight is a legacy fight. You don’t pick and choose which one is.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          The thing is, Fury won the first fight. In the rematch it is usually the case that the winner of the first fight will win again, but in a more conclusive fashion. That is exactly what happened. Whereas in AJ's case, it was about setting the record straight and getting his belts back, which he also did. So both fighters accomplished what they set out to do.
          Difference is Fury played to Wilders strength and wanted to show wilder and everyone that he can employ that type of game plan and execute it.

You are right AJ won everyone round against a lazy fat fuk in Ruiz but His cautious style imo made him look more like a scared bítch than some master boxer.

IMO Aj stock didn’t raise one bit and fury’s stock is through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            - -Boo Hoo Hoo

U Sissyboys ever get over Fury and Wilder offered AJ after Miller punked out VADA?

Fat Andy mo' Man than U 2 sissies hogtied together...Duh!!!
            ?????huh

What the fuk you talking about.

Come at me with a real response and we can debate instead of this stupid shht.

Comment

Fury fought the first fight against Wilder cautiously and although he should have won, got caught twice and pulled a draw. In the rematch, he used his power and size to intimidate and break Wilder who had never been man handled before.

Joshua approached the first fight against Ruiz as an overconfident powerhouse, fighting what he thought was just some fat pushover. He was wrong and got KO'd. In the rematch, he came in slimmer and more agile, avoiding Ruiz's power while out boxing him.

In Lennox's first fight against Rahman, he was unfocused due to promotional crap and under-training. This led to Rahman surprising him and delivering a KO. In the rematch, Lennox came in as focused as a laser and destroyed a lethargic Rahman.

All three of those champions made adjustments and corrections in their rematches to get the victory. Some knock Joshua for not just coming in and destroying Ruiz in the rematch, because he's a fat guy. They don't realize that that's exactly what he tried to do the first time. Ruiz needed him to make that same mistake in the rematch, but Joshua knew better. Sometimes, you just need to box.

Comment

Most people now saying AJ ran etc... were the same ones saying he wasn't good enough to outbox and keep Ruiz off for 12 rounds.

I thought he fought the right fight for the occasion and Fury did for his on the weekend. Both got the job done, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                  You’re supposed to destroy your foe in the rematch to erase any doubt about who the best is. Lennox did it to Rahman. Fury did it to Wilder. What AJ did was prove he can take advantage of an unprepared fighter by using a caution first approach. He’s gun shy.
                  Nothing wrong with that at all though.

The main thing is to WIN at all costs.

Comment

It’s easy, Fury knew Wilder had nothing for him. He couldn’t beat a cherrypicked Fury who was inactive for almost 3 years, even the KD didn’t faze Fury. He knew once he has had his tune up and match fitness he would do away with Wilder, and Fury is a fighting man.

Joshua was stopped and beaten up for 3 rounds before the stoppage, he was shocked and terrified with how quick Ruiz hands were up close. He knew he had to stay away in the rematch, so he slim down and did his marathon to get his win.

Now let’s see how Wilder wins his belts back, given the choice of getting stopped again by Fury or winning his belt back by running I know which one Wilder would pick right now.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      I don’t knock AJ for how he fought

The mission was get the belts back, that’s it.

For me, it still leaves a lot of question marks about how AJ will be when someone puts it on him. He looked in panic mode the few times Ruiz got close. But he did what he had to that night.
                      Exactly. I have no idea why people keep downplaying AJ's win.

A win is a win. And it was a shut out win!

Comment

Working...
                      X