No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
    Why do people use how many punches Golovkin missed to use that as a gauge of how well Canelo was doing? Golovkin has missed over 500 punches before, doesn't mean they were winning too. He throws away a ton of punches that aren't meant to land.
    Theres a story to every fight.

GGG is always the aggressor in his fights and always comes forward. He throws and lands and hurts his opponents.

Canelo is a counter-puncher boxer. He fights well in spots but has a limited tank although a granite chin and an underrated defense.

In the first fight GGG had a phenomenal jab, but missed most of his power punches. Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches despite throwing 100 less punches. Neither fighter was hurt in either fight although there are a few moments where GGG shelled up in the 1st fight.

In the rematch Canelo stood his ground and forward more and landed more of his own jab. He was much more effective and landed the better punches all fight long, but GGG also landed good power shots and still had a great jab.

Fight 1 was 6-6 or 7-5 either way
    Fight 2 was 6-6 or 7-5 Canelo

Would love a 3rd fight in September, 2020...but GGG needs to drum up interest by beating someone who more than 5 boxing fans have heard of....

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      I’m a serious ggg detractor. I think he straight up ducked the Ward fight and usually takes the easy road. That said, he absolutely deserved the decision over Canelo in their first fight. It is what it is......
      That fight was never going to happen with Ward, Ward was just a bigger fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
        Theres a story to every fight.

GGG is always the aggressor in his fights and always comes forward. He throws and lands and hurts his opponents.

Canelo is a counter-puncher boxer. He fights well in spots but has a limited tank although a granite chin and an underrated defense.

In the first fight GGG had a phenomenal jab, but missed most of his power punches. Canelo outlanded GGG in power punches despite throwing 100 less punches. Neither fighter was hurt in either fight although there are a few moments where GGG shelled up in the 1st fight.

In the rematch Canelo stood his ground and forward more and landed more of his own jab. He was much more effective and landed the better punches all fight long, but GGG also landed good power shots and still had a great jab.

Fight 1 was 6-6 or 7-5 either way
        Fight 2 was 6-6 or 7-5 Canelo

Would love a 3rd fight in September, 2020...but GGG needs to drum up interest by beating someone who more than 5 boxing fans have heard of....
        Golovkin had no snap in his punches in the first fight. He looked horrible leading up to the fight and at the weigh in which probably didn't help. Second fight was a much better fight overall. I wouldn't mind a 7-5 either way or a draw. It gets annoying when people say Canelo dominated the second fight because he didn't. I think a 3rd fight would be much better at 168, where I think it will happen if they do fight again. Canelo isn't coming back down and 168 will be better physically for Golovkin not having to cut to 160. They should be 1-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          That never would have occurred to me but to you well, you must have experience..Nancy..
          Sure buddy, keep being a fan if the fraud ggg lol, I mean; I couldn’t possibly offend you more than you do yourself by coming out as a gggroupie.... good job

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Honestly , I don’t recall what rounds but I remember in my mind it was a clear victory for Canelo
            The problem with Canelo is he’s at that point where he can pick and choose
            When he mentioned Kovi I was all over this place calling for a knockout by the 5th round
            SD hates body shots and is weakened easily by it , thinking Canelo would jump on that and take full advantage
            Like Kovi , the only difference is he had , noticed I say had , that one punch equalizer
            I mean Kov was just outboxing him from the outside for most of that fight, from what I saw...I didn't score it though but again it was a Canelo fight where he was probably getting outworked in most rounds, but because he is A-side, Canelo will get as many of those rounds as he needs....the cards from that fight basically gave Canelo all the early rounds iirc lol...basically just putting him up straightaway and giving him the buffer zone.

I mean no one likes it to the body but I don't think I've seen that really be SD's bugaboo...Canelo is a great counter puncher and body shot guy though...I honestly think it would be a great fight because SD doesn't stop coming forward and Canelo would be forced into a firefight...GGG was too smart in there and somewhat cautious behind the jab, still a lot of action in those fights.

But I think SD Canelo would really bring the action as SD wouldn't stop coming and would force Canelo to really bring it...just my 2 cents...Canelo is fighting great right now...but if SD was from America or had the right promoters he would probably be undefeated right now, so he is no scrub (never watched him vs Jacobs and felt he had a slight loss to GGG but it was a great fight and he was taking it to GGG for a lot of that fight).

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
              It's pretty insane how warped humans can be.

Weird Republican nutjobs
              Lol...can't refute anything I said in my post...so you have to revert to a little fly-by namecalling lol.

The only 'warped' opinions here imho about the Canelo-GGG fights are how people really try and argue that Canelo won one of them...maybe he exceeded expectations in the 2nd fight but he still got outworked almost every round.

It is what it is...if people want to tell themselves that Canelo dominated and GGG was exposed, go for it...I think those types usually expose their biases almost every time they post about GGG or Canelo, but it's a free country, people can say whatever they want.

Some people (you probably) really swear that Canelo is this elite fighter and that GGG sucks...yet GGG for one landed all these more punches on Canelo in those fights and objectively bettered or was equal to Canelo in much of those fights.

Keep on being a fan man...root on your faves...I won't stop ya...but pretending to be impartial here, I mean come on...that's not really your lane...just be a fan and leave the analysis to people a bit more objective than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                - -Son of Goofus willing to come to 162 for PurtySissyBoy but not 164 for Golovkin, yet GGG willing to drop full to 154 for Sissyboy.

FACT!

Comment

• Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  What they said: anyone from 154-168

What they meant: anyone from 154-168 as long as HBO approves, as long as we dictate all terms, as long as we get the lions share of the money, and as long as your name isn't Andre Ward
                  Last edited by just the facts; 01-17-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Son of Goofus willing to come to 162 for PurtySissyBoy but not 164 for Golovkin, yet GGG willing to drop full to 154 for Sissyboy.

FACT!
                    OPINION! And a shyty one at that

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      I mean Kov was just outboxing him from the outside for most of that fight, from what I saw...I didn't score it though but again it was a Canelo fight where he was probably getting outworked in most rounds, but because he is A-side, Canelo will get as many of those rounds as he needs....the cards from that fight basically gave Canelo all the early rounds iirc lol...basically just putting him up straightaway and giving him the buffer zone.

I mean no one likes it to the body but I don't think I've seen that really be SD's bugaboo...Canelo is a great counter puncher and body shot guy though...I honestly think it would be a great fight because SD doesn't stop coming forward and Canelo would be forced into a firefight...GGG was too smart in there and somewhat cautious behind the jab, still a lot of action in those fights.

But I think SD Canelo would really bring the action as SD wouldn't stop coming and would force Canelo to really bring it...just my 2 cents...Canelo is fighting great right now...but if SD was from America or had the right promoters he would probably be undefeated right now, so he is no scrub (never watched him vs Jacobs and felt he had a slight loss to GGG but it was a great fight and he was taking it to GGG for a lot of that fight).
                      Well that’s exactly why I’m saying that SD would not be himself against Canelo because of the body blows he would absorb
                      I know nobody likes to get hit to the body and that is why SD would not be coming forward anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X