No announcement yet.

Arum having trouble finalizing Lomachenko-Walters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    He should get it. Fighters should get paid fairly and well, and the networks less.

Problem is theres only 1 mil HBO is giving for both, so Walters gets 1 mill and Loma gets 0?

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      Problem is theres only 1 mil HBO is giving for both, so Walters gets 1 mill and Loma gets 0?
      Nope, never. They should get a mil each, clear of taxes and other fees. Or, they should shop for other advisers or promoters.

Comment

Arum and his penny pinching....
        Tight ass

Comment

i knew it was too good to be truth. get this fight done goddammit

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Nope, never. They should get a mil each, clear of taxes and other fees. Or, they should shop for other advisers or promoters.
            why, who have they fought? are they pulling big numbers to get that kind of money? they are very good, but i'm starting to believe that some fighters are being overpaid and now everyone thinks they should be getting that kind of money too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              why, who have they fought? are they pulling big numbers to get that kind of money? they are very good, but i'm starting to believe that some fighters are being overpaid and now everyone thinks they should be getting that kind of money too.
              I agree with your take too. But, these days, everything is going up. Fighters' purses shouldn't be the exception. They might get better deals elsewhere.

Comment

walters trying to duck lomachenko once again.walters is insane if he thinks he should get 1 mil he does terrible numbers.walters is pricing himself out of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  walters trying to duck lomachenko once again.walters is insane if he thinks he should get 1 mil he does terrible numbers.walters is pricing himself out of this fight.
                  Didnt walters make 700k vs marruga? He probably thinks higher risk should equal higher pay. I think walters and Loma should split the 1M down the middle neither are stars

Comment

1 mil a piece is about what they should get. I don't blame Walters tbh. With that said, it might not be doable for HBO. Which is sad.

Comment

Didn't HBO cut their budget? You better believe they wouldn't spend much on this fight.

Same for Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko.

It's really ****ing sad, but none of these guys are big draws. Rigondeaux will never be, although Walters and Lomachenko still have a chance at getting a decent fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                      X