Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserves more of the blame for the catchweight: Roach or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who deserves more of the blame for the catchweight: Roach or Cotto?

In your opinion who is the one most responsible for draining Geale?
    Freddie Roach
    15.79%
    Miguel Cotto
    31.58%
    They are both equally to blame.
    52.63%

Freddie Roach. How many times have his fighters had catchweights involved when he is the trainer. MANY. It is definitely him, not the fighter.

Comment

Roach is a trainer. He doesn't have any say in contract negotiations. Only Cotto does.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Roach is a trainer. He doesn't have any say in contract negotiations. Only Cotto does.
        How many times has Cotto made it clear he controls his career.

Comment

Neither, it's Geale.

Comment

Both! No doubt!

Comment

I voted Cotto although Roach should get some of the blame. Cotto has the final say. Cotto tried to force a 150 catch weight on Margarito and they ended up with a catch weight of 153. Cotto wasn't with Roach then. Cotto hates catch weights that work against him but he loves catch weights that give him an advantage.

Comment

My vote goes to Team Daniel Geale, you know, for accepting the terms

Comment

So...I'm looking to buy a used Corvette, a C6 model

The guy wants 27,000 and I want 23000. I am the A-Side of this equation because I have the money on hand. We settled on 24500

Who's to blame, me for getting what I wanted in the negotiations, or him, the B-Side for accepting terms that were less than ideal than what he wanted? He could say no (he has a week before I walk) but hey, if he wants this cash...

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                    How many times has Cotto made it clear he controls his career.
                    Only one person has final say, and it's Cotto. It's like killing your girlfriend and claiming it was your friend's fault because he suggested it. It's ******ed. Cotto is a grown man and ultimately makes his own decisions. Roach is not a manager like Haymon who has contractual control over his fighters.

I'm tired of people treating fighters like little kids who can't make their own decisions.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 06-07-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X