Joe Rogaine: Rousey would have advantage over Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rogaine: Rousey would have advantage over Mayweather

Taken from mixedmartialarts.com -

In a radio interview early last month, Ronda Rousey was asked how she would fair in a fight with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Rousey was playful in her response, but confident she could win if the fight made it to the ground.

Today, UFC commentator Joe Rogan joined ESPN's SportsNation and was posed the same question, and his response was in favor of Rousey:

"It is all about how much time Floyd has to prepare, because he will really have to work on his takedown defence. That would be the big thing. If Ronda got a clinch on him, it is not just about worrying about being taken down to the ground; it is worrying about knees to the body. It is worrying about her manipulating his body in ways that he doesn't understand."

"It is too hard to avoid the clinch. If you watch a Floyd Mayweather fight, they very rarely end in a one-punch knockout. He has brittle hands. His hands break. You are talking about small gloves where hands are going to break even easier. She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets ahold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand."

There have also been claims by Rousey's trainer that she regularly drops WBC Champions with body shots.

What do you think?

Why are all the threads here closed???

Anyways, not the proper thread, but just wanted to say I never watched MMA, but watched it last night. Well the last 3 fights.

I love Meisha Tate. Not sure why. Would never pay to watch her fight, but still.

That one dude in the main event was a joke. Slowest hands I have ever seen in my life. If im not mistaken his striking was suppose to be his strong point?

Oh ya, and UFC on Fox puts of some seriously pitiful numbers. I wonder if Fox will ever cancel.

Comment

If she stood there, he would easily tee off on her and get her by KO within seconds. She doesn't roll shots and is very open...

He has much faster feet than her so I don't even think she could grab him.

However anything on the ground and she destroys him. She would put him down easily with her judo, but don't under estimate his speed.

Comment

rousey would have an advantage over any heterosexual male she grappled with, he'd be distracted by her ass and **** and thinking about ****ing her while she'd be breaking his elbow with her armbar. i'd at least try to bite her ass before she submitted me

Comment

no woman can beat a worldclass male athlete.

Comment

Rogan is 100% right even though most don't want to admit that. I have seen videos of her where she is throwing around trained MMA fighters, men that weight over 200lbs. She is tossing them around like nothing.

People forget, she is a world class Judo champion. It's not about strength, it's about leverage and technique. She grabs a 150lb Mayweather and he's going flying through the air.

He also isn't a trained grappler, how can he defend the arm bar? Of course she would have to get close to him and runs the risk of getting knocked out, but it's hard for a boxer to knock out a grappler if they aren't coming at him in a traditional line of attack.

She said she would literally crawl to him to avoid getting hit.

Comment

Look man!!

Originally posted by Drederick_Tatum View Post
              Taken from mixedmartialarts.com -

In a radio interview early last month, Ronda Rousey was asked how she would fair in a fight with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Rousey was playful in her response, but confident she could win if the fight made it to the ground.

Today, UFC commentator Joe Rogan joined ESPN's SportsNation and was posed the same question, and his response was in favor of Rousey:

"It is all about how much time Floyd has to prepare, because he will really have to work on his takedown defence. That would be the big thing. If Ronda got a clinch on him, it is not just about worrying about being taken down to the ground; it is worrying about knees to the body. It is worrying about her manipulating his body in ways that he doesn't understand."

"It is too hard to avoid the clinch. If you watch a Floyd Mayweather fight, they very rarely end in a one-punch knockout. He has brittle hands. His hands break. You are talking about small gloves where hands are going to break even easier. She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets ahold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand."

There have also been claims by Rousey's trainer that she regularly drops WBC Champions with body shots.

What do you think?

First of all,is that what UFC is turning into?..It must resort to talking about
              girls vs men from other sports?....Secondly,you must always be aware of the
              HUSTLE...of course UFC people are going to say Mayweather would lose to
              a girl....why?...Well most people are too stupid to figure it out..It's designed
              to embarrass Floyd into a UFC fight so the UFC CAN CAPITALIZE ON FLOYD'S
              NAME!!!...Well Floyd is too smart to fall for it!!

Comment

She usually throws around male MMA fighters because they're just grappling, not throwing punches at her from the videos I've seen. And if they are, I doubt they'd be throwing as hard as they can in a sparring session.

Comment

he beats her azz on the ground and knocks her out in a head up .. the guy has been training for 30+ years .. Hopkins handled that greco roman f4ggot shum easily in the grapple ... it would be like a tickling match

Comment

Originally posted by toooooool View Post
                    First of all,is that what UFC is turning into?..It must resort to talking about
                    girls vs men from other sports?....Secondly,you must always be aware of the
                    HUSTLE...of course UFC people are going to say Mayweather would lose to
                    a girl....why?...Well most people are too stupid to figure it out..It's designed
                    to embarrass Floyd into a UFC fight so the UFC CAN CAPITALIZE ON FLOYD'S
                    NAME!!!...Well Floyd is too smart to fall for it!!
                    It wasn't the UFC that brought it up, it was Max Kellerman interviewing Joe Rogan I believe. The question was asked and he answered.

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    She usually throws around male MMA fighters because they're just grappling, not throwing punches at her from the videos I've seen. And if they are, I doubt they'd be throwing as hard as they can in a sparring session.
                    It doesn't matter, in an MMA fight she wouldn't just stand there allowing Floyd to tee off on her. Of course he would have a chance to knock her out if he hit her, but there's no way she's standing there with him.

She was interviewed and said she would literally crawl to him...lol No joke.

If she grabs him, it's over. She will throw him around like a rag doll, she does this to fully grown me that are TRAINED in the sport. Floyd would have no chance whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                    X