Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams' Doctor, Trainer Discuss His Health, Recovery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paul Williams' Doctor, Trainer Discuss His Health, Recovery

Doctors say it is too early to tell if former champion Paul Williams will walk again even though he is able to move himself from his bed to a wheelchair after being paralyzed from the waist down in a May 27 motorcycle accident.

[Click Here To Read More]

Still praying for you homey!!!

Comment

Hope he walks again. It seems like the possibility is there.

If he can box again, I can't see him being the same fighter. I think he'll be very cautious and move slow, instead of brawling like he use to do.

Comment

Man, I really hope he is able to walk again. Even if he can never fight, I hope he walks again.

Comment

this is much better news, i thought he had a complete injury (chord).

hopefully healing takes place and he can have innervation to his lower body.

the fused vertebraes will prevent full range twisting motion but who cares

as long as he can walk and have a normal life..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Hope he walks again. It seems like the possibility is there.

If he can box again, I can't see him being the same fighter. I think he'll be very cautious and move slow, instead of brawling like he use to do.
            There's absolutely no way he can box. Not only would he not be able to, but no state would ever grant him a license to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
              There's absolutely no way he can box. Not only would he not be able to, but no state would ever grant him a license to fight.
              He shouldn't box, it would be very irresponsible for him to box again, and he shouldn't get a license. But listen to his attitude, I am pretty sure if he walks again, he's gonna push his luck, get back in to the gym and if he feels 50-60% he'll probably attempt to box again.

But right now, what matters is that he can have a normal life again outside of the ring. If he can walk, boxing fans should be happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

But right now, what matters is that he can have a normal life again outside of the ring. If he can walk, boxing fans should be happy for him.
                Word to that.

Comment

I wonder about how fusing his spine will limit his recovering abilities...?

Comment

Paul's a strong dude.

Hopefully he's able to walk again eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X