Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is The Most Protected Fighter Now That Berto Has Lost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ people saying Pacquaio, Cotto, Martinez.

Why don't you guys pay attention to more fighters?

It's between Sturm or Steigletz for **** sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
      Three names come to mind. Lucian Bute, Zsolt Erdei and Saul Alvarez.

I like Bute and Alvarez, but they are being protected. However, I can understand with Alvarez. He's a young guy. (**** that thing he calls a title. It means nothing.)

Bute is too talented to be making the majority of his living off of fighting bums. Erdei stinks. So, maybe he's just fighting at his level.
      Erdei won a Cruiserweight title weighing in at 178lbs and it was a FOTY candidate.

To say he is as protected as Bute, who bristled at the idea of moving up 7 lbs to fight a smaller man in Jean Pascal, is downight laughable.

In fact, if anyone can name a single fighter in the past 10 years, other than Erdei, who won a world title in a weight limited division giving up more than the 17 pounds that Erdei did I will give them 25 million boxingscene points.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        LOL @ people saying Pacquaio, Cotto, Martinez.

Why don't you guys pay attention to more fighters?

It's between Sturm or Steigletz for **** sakes.
        MOFO so protected I forgot about him.

Comment

I don't even consider Sturm a fighter.

He's a glorified underwear model who moonlights as a boxer a couple times a year against cab drivers.

Comment

Alvarez...

Comment

David Haye was up there until recently.

JCC Jr is certainly up there. Bute has had tough challenges, but not his last couple of fights. He seems to be just waiting patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                David Haye was up there until recently.

JCC Jr is certainly up there. Bute has had tough challenges, but not his last couple of fights. He seems to be just waiting patiently.

Everyone seems to excuse Bute on account of the fact that he is "waiting" for the Super 6 winner.

If that winner turns out to be Ward I think that it's a fight that will be difficult to get made.

Between Ward and Bute you have 2 guys who have never fought away from home. Ward is obviously is going to have to fight at a neutral location in the final of the S6 because it is in the contract that it must be.

Bute on the other hand will have never stepped anywhere out of his comfort zone as a fighter and will suddenly have to go to Las Vegas to fight Andre Ward in the biggest fight of his career.

Another potential problem is quite simply that Ward has other options because he has already stated an intention to move up to 175 and fight the best fighters there.

I cannot imagine Ward, as the winner of the Super 6, will even consider traveling to Montreal to fight a guy who has basically sat it out for 3 years.

I doubt Ward would even go to New York City because probably 80% of the crowd would be people from Montreal who made the 5-6hr drive across the border.

Ward could go to 175 and fight any of the champions and most likely win. Bute would look like a fool in that scenario having waited around for a fight that didn't happen, and being left the fight Ward's leftovers.

Comment

Any Top Rank fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Alvarez...
                    He's 20 years old though and Ryan Rhodes is an okay opponent and a top 10 JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      I don't even consider Sturm a fighter.

He's a glorified underwear model who moonlights as a boxer a couple times a year against cab drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X