Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz: Crossing Fingers (and Toes)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz: Crossing Fingers (and Toes)

By Cliff Rold - There's nothing more special in boxing than the sort of genuine heavyweight kingpin who combines the promise of excitement with the lure of box office dollars. When we don't have one, devoted fight fans tie themselves in knots trying to explain why it's no big deal. Heavyweight fights often disappoint, they might say. The pound for pound' whoever is more skilled, they'll exclaim. Both those things can be true and so can an assortment of other critiques of boxing's big men...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just read in fight news and tuscaloosa news that Stiverne missed a VADA drug test. A missed drug test counts as a failed drug test according to VADA.

I wonder if that will affect Stiverne's mandatory status?

I hope Wilder/Ortiz pushes through.
    Last edited by flem1; 07-20-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
      Just read in fight news and tuscaloosa news that Stiverne missed a VADA drug test. A missed drug test counts as a failed drug test according to VADA.

I hope Wilder/Ortiz pushed through.
      We can hope. I think Wilder is the favourite over Ortiz now. America fighters undoubtedly get the rub of the green with the judges and refs, which must be taken into account.

Wilder vs Joshua/Fury makes more money so Ortiz is already fighting an uphill battle.

Not to say Wilder can't win cleanly though, he's got game changing power.

Comment

I hope so as well.

Comment

Oh word? I thought they were referring to his 'energy drink' that he took before Pedvetkin. I hope your suspicions are correct ; between Stiverne and Pedvetkin they must of missed like five test in less than a year! "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
            We can hope. I think Wilder is the favourite over Ortiz now. America fighters undoubtedly get the rub of the green with the judges and refs, which must be taken into account.

Wilder vs Joshua/Fury makes more money so Ortiz is already fighting an uphill battle.

Not to say Wilder can't win cleanly though, he's got game changing power.
            Sorry to break the news to you there's a 99.9% chance this ends in a KO...so you can save the BS about American bias.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Oh word? I thought they were referring to his 'energy drink' that he took before Pedvetkin. I hope your suspicions are correct ; between Stiverne and Pedvetkin they must of missed like five test in less than a year! "peeleft:
              It's not the energy drink before the Pov fight.

Looks like it's new news:
              http://*********.com/wbc-clean-boxin...am-update/1276

Originally posted by Fight_News
              POSTED ON JULY 18, 2017
              WBC Clean Boxing Program Update
              The WBC, through the Clean Boxing Program, administered by VADA has tested a total of 72 fighters in the first semester of 2017. Many of the fighters were tested multiple times during the process. Just five rated fighters missed their tests: J’Leon Love, Joseph Parker, Bermane Stiverne, Kyotara Fujimoto, and Tevin Farmer. Only four fighters failed a test (adverse finding): Andrej Wawrzyk, Cletus Seldin, Dennys Ceylan, and Suriyan Khaikanha. Each missed test and adverse finding has been or is in the process of WBC/VADA results management protocol.

Comment

If this fight happens then Al Haymon wins anyway. Both Al Haymon fighters and unbeaten. The winner gets a guaranteed World title Unification bout against Joshua or Fury/Parker next year.

Comment

It's not the energy drink before the Pov fight.

Looks like it's new news:
                  http://*********.com/wbc-clean-boxin...am-update/1276
                  This **** is Woah! I remember Joey Parker became a VADA fugitive a few days ago but boxingscene slept on Bermane! and he still acting like someone owes him something?

Comment

I hope Wilder/Ortiz pushes through.
                    Hopefully he gets removed. No one is trying to watch that piece of **** fight again. Give wilder the chance to get a name on his record finally.

Comment

Working...
                    X