No announcement yet.

How the international boxing medias scored Kovalev-Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    No way Ward is winning the 3th...or just rewatch it.
    yeah the 3rd is clearly kovalev's. ward landed one nice jab that snapped kov's head so i guess he deserves it even thogh kov himself landed a 3 punch combo that drove ward back on top of a bunch of jabs and other shots. very silly to give that round to ward simply because he wasn't dominated as much.

Comment

Can't say I disagree. Had Sergey winning as well. Good fight though.

Comment

Ward won one round in the first half of the fight (I believe it was the 5th on my card) and was knocked down in the process. He needed to do a lot more than what he actually ended up doing. A lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
          Ward won one round in the first half of the fight (I believe it was the 5th on my card) and was knocked down in the process. He needed to do a lot more than what he actually ended up doing. A lot more.
          rounds in the second half count for triple

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yeah the 3rd is clearly kovalev's. ward landed one nice jab that snapped kov's head so i guess he deserves it even thogh kov himself landed a 3 punch combo that drove ward back on top of a bunch of jabs and other shots. very silly to give that round to ward simply because he wasn't dominated as much.
            This. Some people gave that round to Ward just because he didn't look as bad as the previous two. Stupid. That's not how you score a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              You can't give Kovalev rounds just because Ward didn't go down. This is america.

Comment

That's in line with what I've seen. Much easier to score the fight for Kovalev than Ward, and the scorecards reflect it. Most of them also reflect how close the fight was.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  "Most respected Boxing analyst gave the fight to Ward." - Redd Foxx.
                  It just makes me laugh.
                  thats how you know Red Dingo is a lying sack of ****. Pretty all the esteemed names in boxing journalism from The Ring to the Guardian, to The Telegraph, to the LA Times to Boxing News etc etc etc gave the fight to Kovalev.

I think of the 21 genuine boxing publications and journalists I counted (not counting **** like boxing asylum and stuff) the score was 17-4 to Kovalev.

It was that easy.

Comment

the fight was close but a kovalev win is much more acceptable than ward's...actually you got to be a little bias to give ward the win and that's what the judges did...to think no one among the 3 judges even considered a kovalev victory is ridiculous...ward already had the upperhand even before the bell rang for the 1st round imo.

Comment

Sometimes the minority is correct lol.

Obviously it was a close fight with so much discussion lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X