No announcement yet.

If Brook gets the Mayweather fight Khan only has himself to blame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Just not true. Look at his last fight. He had a plan B, adjusted to Algieri and outboxed him. And that's after no one expected Algieri to fight that way so Khan obviously hadn't trained for that type of fight either. But he adjusted and implemented a plan B.
    But it took him a long time to do it.

For an Olympic silver medalist, Khan makes a lot of amateur mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      But it took him a long time to do it.

For an Olympic silver medalist, Khan makes a lot of amateur mistakes.
      Every boxer makes mistakes, even Floyd. No one is perfect.

Comment

Every boxer makes mistakes, even Floyd. No one is perfect.
        Again, Khan can't outbox Floyd.

Comment

Again, Khan can't outbox Floyd.
          Again, you can say the same about anyone else in the division. Khan has the best shot to do it.

Comment

Again, you can say the same about anyone else in the division. Khan has the best shot to do it.
            But Khan can't match Floyd in ring IQ. What happens when Floyd adjusts?

Comment

But Khan can't match Floyd in ring IQ. What happens when Floyd adjusts?
              Again, you can say the same about anyone else in the division. Some might say no one looks like they can match Floyd's ring IQ, in any division.

But you need more than just Ring IQ to win fights. Look at how a young Khan beat veteran Barrera for example. Barrera had a lot more ring IQ and experience than Khan at that point but other intangibles came into play which made it an easy fight for Khan.

Comment

• I agree, it's never a good thing when a fighter
                depends on a fighter or two, when he should be fighting other solid opponents until the big ppv fights presents itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  Again, you are using Khan as the comparison. If Brook really had a resume that could stand on its own, I don't think you would need to appeal to current affairs of Amir Khan.

Brook's win over Porter is a solid win - but if I am only looking at him and not comparing him to anyone else, i don't see many other big wins, or top opponents. Don't get me wrong, he's pretty damn good just wished there was one or two more names on his record.
                  Because that's who we're comparing

Comment

• WARKhan!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X