No announcement yet.

Showtime fights aren't PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime fights aren't PBC?

Anyone notice this? During todays show (and last weeks) when they announced the upcoming schedule, only the NBC, CBS and Sp1ke cards were mentioned. Nothing of the Gonzalez-Russell Jr or Chavez Jr-Fonfara fights.

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
    Anyone notice this? During todays show (and last weeks) when they announced the upcoming schedule, only the NBC, CBS and Sp1ke cards were mentioned. Nothing of the Gonzalez-Russell Jr or Chavez Jr-Fonfara fights.
    they mentioned the gonzalez russel jr fight on tonight broadcast and I only caught it right before cornflake fight took place.

Comment

Nope. Not under the PBC banner.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
        they mentioned the gonzalez russel jr fight on tonight broadcast and I only caught it right before cornflake fight took place.
        I'm talking about on PBC broadcast. Like tonight in Sp1ke.

Comment

I'm talking about on PBC broadcast. Like tonight in Sp1ke.
          ohh then naw I didnt see any mention of it.

Comment

Okay, this is pretty interesting now. Are Haymon fighters under contracts with the networks?

For example, does Broner have a contract under NBC through Haymon?
            Is Adonis Stevenson exclusive to CBS for a number of fights?
            Is Chavez Jr. A Showtime fighter?

Comment

Okay, this is pretty interesting now. Are Haymon fighters under contracts with the networks?

For example, does Broner have a contract under NBC through Haymon?
              Is Adonis Stevenson exclusive to CBS for a number of fights?
              Is Chavez Jr. A Showtime fighter?
              Showtime is still paying out a TV rights fee for the cards that they book; every other show, be it on NBC/CBS/Sp1ke/NBCSN/CBS Sports/BounceTV/ESPN/Telemundo, is likely some variation of his time-buy deal with NBCUniversal.

And I doubt that PBC fighters are exclusive to any of the time-buy channels, for the simple fact that it'll make things complicated for no reason; with his big win on Sp1ke tonight, it'd make pretty decent sense to go with Berto-Guerrero next (as a co-feature for an upcoming show on NBC or even as a big fight on CBS). Adrien Broner, with his performance and how he handled the post-fight (not to mention the recent 'out of the ring' stuff) is likely on his way back to featuring on Showtime.

Comment

Man, al haymon really flipped the bird to espinoza and co. he's got this last big one with floyd here on may 2, (and i guess possibly the rematch in september) but besides that, looks like boxing on showtime is coming to an end

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  Man, al haymon really flipped the bird to espinoza and co. he's got this last big one with floyd here on may 2, (and i guess possibly the rematch in september) but besides that, looks like boxing on showtime is coming to an end
                  They have Chavez Jr. now. Chavez Jr. drew the highest numbers of they year for HBO.

Comment

Working...
                  X