Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa Wants Floyd Sr. To Train Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really would've preferred that they had hired Mayweather upon signing for the Crawford fight. I'm one of the many fans that had been calling for a change in coaches. Despite Yuri's defense of his father, 50 must've insisted on another trainer.

Comment

Can you just imagine trying to understand them two trying to communicate. May sr with his talk and Gamboa's broken english.
      well broken english both ways lol

Comment

That could work, only thing is that Sr is strict, might be too strict for some like Joan Guzman and Chad Dawson but both fighters when they was training with Sr they both became World Champions and both looked their BEST during their time with Floyd Sr.

Gamboa really don't need to change anything about this fighting style though he just needs to move down in wait back to 126-130 and I think he will be just fine.

Comment

I'm sure Floyd Sr. would do a good job with Gamboa. He was Joan Guzman's trainer when he moved up in weight. Guzman was a beast at 122, but when he moved up to 130 (basically jumping two weight divisions) he had to make some adjustments to his fighting style. Floyd Sr. did a great job with him. Watch Guzman vs. Humberto Soto.

Comment

I think Sr would be a perfect trainer for Gamboa, he can completely revamp him defensively plus also tighten up his offense.

But the Cuban has to buy in 100% and be willing to do what he's told. If there is going to be conflicts with his dad telling him one thing and Floyd Sr telling him something else then that is no good and won't work.

Comment

No one is going to help Gamboa's chin so I don't see things getting much better for him.

Comment

Might be kinda awkward for 50 Cent considering he built his gym just a few blocks away from Floyd's gym with intentions of all his fighters training there. If Gamboa opts to train with Sr. it would be at Floyd's gym. Not sure if 50's ego would allow that.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  I think.........lol

can someone translate this article

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...r-a-floyd-papa
                  No shiz Gamboa...I want him to train me too.

Comment

Bad idea, he needs a non-crackhead trainer with better communication skills

Comment

Working...
                    X