No announcement yet.

I need help and alot of it :P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help and alot of it :P

Im 14 and just recently got into boxing. I have boxed before with my brothers friends when I was about 12. They were all around 17 at the time and I lost all of my fights except one. I am by no means physically fit. Im 260 lbs and Im around 5'6. The kid Im boxing is about 5'6 and probably 150. Obviously I have a huge weight advantage on him. Were not boxing either, were kickboxing, but I dont plan on kicking much if any. The kid keeps talking about landing a roundhouse kick on me so I feel like he's going to leave himself open alot while trying to kick. I definetely have power over the kid but he has speed on me for sure. Endurance is up in the air. Even though I way ALOT I can still do alot without getting very tired. The round are going to be either 30 seconds with 12 rounds. Or 6 rounds of 1 minute each. Theres no kicking the knees or below and no groin shots. This brings me to my question. I only have 3 weeks left until I have to kickbox this kid and I need to know not only what I should do everyday to train, but also what I have to do in the ring with this kid to either knock him out or else outlast him in the fight and win by decision. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR LISTENING TO MY RAMBLING AND HELPING

Edit: The items I have available to train with are: A heavy bag, an excersize bike, and a treadmill incase anyone needs to know that.

Your really 5'6", 14 and 260lbs?! I'm amazed you can get into a boxing ring to be honest let alone hope to outlast a guy in a match.

3 weeks ain't enough to time to get into decent fighting shape. Just work on stamina with running on the treadmill. Work on the heavybag for the amount of time that the rounds are schedualed for. For example, if the length of the rounds your fighting is 1 minute then spend 1 minute on the bag hitting as hard and as fast as you can + work on technique. Then rest for 1 minute and then continue on the bag for another minute etc.

Comment

Guess I lied on the 5'6, just measured myself and Im 5'8/5'8.5, but leaning more towards just 5'8. I could probably post a picture of myself so you can get a better idea. I think alot of people have a misconception about how big people really are. Most people ask me if Im 240 or around there, but I just hopped on the scale and im 262. Thanks for all the advice

Edit: One more question. Is it normal that Im right handed, but feel that I throw a stronger and faster jab with my left and a better hook. My left hook isnt stronger, but far quicker than with my right hand. Is any of this normal or should I try and switch before my fight?
      Last edited by ATM; 03-20-2006, 04:34 PM.

Comment

This isn't just like a backyard fight or anything is it?

Comment

This isn't just like a backyard fight or anything is it?
          I hope not. Thats brawling not boxing.

One more question. Is it normal that Im right handed, but feel that I throw a stronger and faster jab with my left and a better hook. My left hook isnt stronger, but far quicker than with my right hand. Is any of this normal or should I try and switch before my fight?
          Normally your jab will be quicker than your right hand so don't worry about it.

Comment

why, is that bad or something? Its in a backyard but its pretty organized. We have set rules, a friends dad whos been a ref and a boxer, and really good headgear. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Comment

Just making sure you're not one of those guys who get together with their frieds and punch each other because they think it makes them tough and cool, even though they've had no boxing training before and don't think about the safety at all. That's cool.

Comment

I think the weight difference is very unfair to the other guy. I think you should fight somebody your own size.

Comment

Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Originally posted by Davis12 View Post
                    Thanks for sharing...
                    Yeah ... great thread haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X