No announcement yet.

[VIDEOS] Yuriorkis Gamboa open workout from yesterday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Hmm? Farenas fought Uchiyama five months ago. The fight ended early because of the clash of heads, but Michael fought ten rounds less than eight months ago.
    Oh wtf? I keep hearing in all these interviews Farenas is coming off a layoff as well. Guess I should've checked first.

Comment

Someone gettin KTFO on Saturday, and it damn sure aint gonna be Gamboa!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Oh, crap!

The only negative to Yuri's return is that we'll have to listen to 50 rapping while he comes to the ring.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Wonder if he wrote some new **** just for Gamboa's entrance but nah bro. Think of it this way, his entrance will be 1000x better than Broners and with an actual artist . Plus you know 50 is internationally known, this will bring WAAAYYY more exposure to him and he will be the known as the "50 Cent fighter".
        Agreed. No matter what anyone might think of "50" as an artist, he brings undeniable recognition. There'll be a lot of people curious about Gamboa when they see "Fitty" rapping before him during the ring walk. I'm liking the idea a whole lot!

Comment

Wonder if he wrote some new **** just for Gamboa's entrance but nah bro. Think of it this way, his entrance will be 1000x better than Broners and with an actual artist . Plus you know 50 is internationally known, this will bring WAAAYYY more exposure to him and he will be the known as the "50 Cent fighter".
          I'm actually happy with what 50's doing with Yuri, he's bringing him a lot of new attention and it's nice to see. With his talent level and style he should be one of the sports popular figures, 50 has certainly helped in that sense. I know very casual fans who now know Yuri, that didn't even know his name last year.

I'm sure the 50 entrance will be entertaining to an extent, Yuri probably wont want much involvement in that aspect though. He'll do his entertaining in the ring.

Worst case, I always have the mute button.

Comment

I'm actually happy with what 50's doing with Yuri, he's bringing him a lot of new attention and it's nice to see. With his talent level and style he should be one of the sports popular figures, 50 has certainly helped in that sense. I know very casual fans who now know Yuri, that didn't even know his name last year.

I'm sure the 50 entrance will be entertaining to an extent, Yuri probably wont want much involvement in that aspect though. He'll do his entertaining in the ring.

That's very interesting to hear. I think it stands to reason that a lot more people are going to know who Gamboa is, now that he's linked to "50", but it's another thing to hear evidence of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              That's very interesting to hear. I think it stands to reason that a lot more people are going to know who Gamboa is, now that he's linked to "50", but it's another thing to hear evidence of it.
              Yep, it's certainly happened, and he's not even had a fight yet.

He's now about to have a comeback, with 50 on hand, on a major fight card which should bring even more attention. Also, if he looks like the Gamboa we are used to...people will certainly be impressed.

Comment

A lot of the Floyd stans would NEVER admit this but 50 cent is the reason they even know Floyd Mayweather. So the fact that a lot more people are starting to know about Gamboa is not a surprise to me although he already has a decent following from a boxing fans perspective.

Comment

Going by your location Im assuming this is overseas? Which is pretty impressive even tho that's where Gamboa began his career.
                  Originally posted by LFC View Post
                  A lot of the Floyd stans would NEVER admit this but 50 cent is the reason they even know Floyd Mayweather. So the fact that a lot more people are starting to know about Gamboa is not a surprise to me although he already has a decent following from a boxing fans perspective.
                  Care to explain this sir? Something Im missing here?

Comment

Going by your location Im assuming this is overseas? Which is pretty impressive even tho that's where Gamboa began his career.
                    Yep, the UK (Scotland).

There's a good boxing following in general, but in most cases it's casual fans who know the superstars and UK fighters. However, I've had discussions recently about Yuri with quite a few casual fans which is very encouraging. I suspect the connection to 50 has played a role.

Comment

Gamboa's a beast!!

Comment

Working...
                      X