Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alkaline water???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All i drink is Alkaline. I have digestive issues so i do see a difference. Not as bloated and that first drink in the morning is good on the stomach. another point nobody brings up is teeth. Some of these bottled water thats high in acidity is bad for your teeth just like soda. So i notice this water is easy on my sensitive teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      All i drink is Alkaline. I have digestive issues so i do see a difference. Not as bloated and that first drink in the morning is good on the stomach. another point nobody brings up is teeth. Some of these bottled water thats high in acidity is bad for your teeth just like soda. So i notice this water is easy on my sensitive teeth.
      Yeah the teeth thing is something I've thought of. Like drinking alkaline water after eating/drinking something with some acids in it seems like it'd be good for your teeth.

Comment

The human body is slightly basic. By drinking acidic water and drinks we throw off our bodies pH slightly which can negatively effect hormonal responses and signals because it changes the pH of the environment which the hormonal reaction is taking place in. Essentially, by drinking alkaline water we keep our bodies basic which allows our bodily processes to carry out efficiently.

Source: Chris Algieri

Comment

It's good for you. PH balance and all. But I read that the human body can't naturally be alkaline anyways.

So, I would say that if I were going to buy a bottle of water, I may as well get an alkaline water that I've seen tested as alkaline-confirmed. Rather than evian or summat.

However, at home, I'm not buying boxes on boxes of water, so it's really just the case of buying a bottle of water when I'm out. At home, its just a filter in use.

So, it's not something I would buy and drink as a lifestyle change. Just a small expense thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
            The human body is slightly basic. By drinking acidic water and drinks we throw off our bodies pH slightly which can negatively effect hormonal responses and signals because it changes the pH of the environment which the hormonal reaction is taking place in. Essentially, by drinking alkaline water we keep our bodies basic which allows our bodily processes to carry out efficiently.

Source: Chris Algieri
            Seems pretty silly. When the stomach lining secretes acid to maintain a pH between 1.5 to 3.5, which is a pretty wide band. Drinking water that is slightly above or below 7 shouldnt make any difference. The stomach lining seems to be able to adjust to a way bigger variance than that. So I dont see how it would have any effect.

Orange juice and soda has a pH around 3. Tomato juice around 4 and milk around 6. So substituting a lot more water (even if its this so called acidic water) than those items would have a much bigger impact than drinking water of 7.5 pH instead of say a 6.5 pH.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              It's good for you. PH balance and all. But I read that the human body can't naturally be alkaline anyways.

So, I would say that if I were going to buy a bottle of water, I may as well get an alkaline water that I've seen tested as alkaline-confirmed. Rather than evian or summat.

However, at home, I'm not buying boxes on boxes of water, so it's really just the case of buying a bottle of water when I'm out. At home, its just a filter in use.

So, it's not something I would buy and drink as a lifestyle change. Just a small expense thing.
              Evian always has a ph of 7+, generally always testing at 7.4 I think. Not all of the waters sold as alkaline actually test out to be alkaline most of the time.

Comment

I wonder if it could help people with acid reflux!

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Seems pretty silly. When the stomach lining secretes acid to maintain a pH between 1.5 to 3.5, which is a pretty wide band. Drinking water that is slightly above or below 7 shouldnt make any difference. The stomach lining seems to be able to adjust to a way bigger variance than that. So I dont see how it would have any effect.

Orange juice and soda has a pH around 3. Tomato juice around 4 and milk around 6. So substituting a lot more water (even if its this so called acidic water) than those items would have a much bigger impact than drinking water of 7.5 pH instead of say a 6.5 pH.
                  Has more to do with than just the stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                    I wonder if it could help people with acid reflux!
                    If it does I'll buy plenty for my mother in law... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
                      Has more to do with than just the stomach.
                      The water goes where? Into your stomach. From there, the pH is changed significantly. Hence the small variation of pH of the water before you drink it is meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                      X