No announcement yet.

Open scoring is needed in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open scoring is needed in boxing

Rules like clinching (who ever is grabbing) need to be enforced with a warning and then a point deduction.

Open scoring is needed big time. Fans/fighters deserve to have a scoreboard.

Imagine watching football and you your team scored 2 touchdowns and kicked 2 field goals but 1 field goal was close to the up right and a judge didnt count it. You thought your team just won 20 to 18 but they just lost 18-17.

Its rediculous.

Give boxing a scoreboard .with todays social media it would thrive

agreed. it has its downsides, like enabling coasting in the latter rounds, but i think the positives outweigh them in the end

pro boxing should also adopt the olympic innovation of having five judges score the fight and randomly selecting three of them just before the opening bell. might be another roadblock against corruption

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      agreed. it has its downsides, like enabling coasting in the latter rounds, but i think the positives outweigh them in the end

pro boxing should also adopt the olympic innovation of having five judges score the fight and randomly selecting three of them just before the opening bell. might be another roadblock against corruption
      Did you watch this years Olympics? Real robberies everywhere.

Comment

Some fights have had open scoring and the consensus is it sucks.

Comment

They were both clinching.

Some people assume every clinch is Andre Ward's fault.

Comment

Open scoring sounds good in theory, but it sucks.

Comment

Open scoring is a great idea, IMO.

Comment

Open scoring is very useful, especially during the Canelo-Trout fight where 2 judges had that fight 8-0 and 6-2, can't wait.

Comment

Open scoring has been awful every time it is used. it ruins fights and does not stop corruption at all. I would hate to see it become standard.

Comment

Really dont like it personally. That wait before the decision is announced in a close fight is one of the big moments in boxing.

I also dont think it will help with corruption.

Also if a fighter is gonna be robbed i would rather they didnt know it and just fought as they normally would rather than having to change their gameplan and potentially getting KO'd or losing legitimately on the cards.

Michael Conlan at the Olympics had that happen this year. After losing the first round (which he dominated) he switched styles and fought the brawler on the inside. He still should have won imo, but the last 2 rnds were much closer than they probably would have been if he had just stuck with his gameplan, and he would have had an even clearer case for corruption than he ended up having

Comment

Working...
                    X