Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Haymon is planning a 126 tourney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Haymon is planning a 126 tourney?

He has Santa Cruz, Mares, Russell jr at 126 plus he just added Frampton and its possible he could add Rigo. If he does end up with all these fighters can you see them fighting each other or will all fight construction workers on undercards.

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
    He has Santa Cruz, Mares, Russell jr at 126 plus he just added Frampton and its possible he could add Rigo. If he does end up with all these fighters can you see them fighting each other or will all fight construction workers on undercards.
    Rigo doesn't fight at 126,he fights at 122,and so does frampton. Does haymon have Walters or lomanchenko( I know he doesn't have loma,but I'm unsure of Walters)? If he doesn't have those two names,the tournament would be pointless,because it wouldn't involve the best 2 in the division

Comment

He has already lined up a bunch of Mexican insurance salesmen to fight them.

Comment

he was also trying to acquire Walters at one point I believe. It could be possible, but then again he was sitting on his top 140 - 147 pound fighters up until recently putting on some decent match ups. However, both of the interesting match ups have been with weight stipulations (Garcia vs Peterson and Broner vs Porter), thus taking away from the events themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          Rigo doesn't fight at 126,he fights at 122,and so does frampton. Does haymon have Walters or lomanchenko( I know he doesn't have loma,but I'm unsure of Walters)? If he doesn't have those two names,the tournament would be pointless,because it wouldn't involve the best 2 in the division
          If Rigo was promised the Frampton and Santa Cruz fights I think he would move up. Although he is not big Frampton was always eventually going to move up. If its on free tv and gets good ratings casuals won't know who loma is, and whoever wins the tournament will be looked at as the champ.

Comment

Originally posted by zmm001 View Post
            If Rigo was promised the Frampton and Santa Cruz fights I think he would move up. Although he is not big Frampton was always eventually going to move up. If its on free tv and gets good ratings casuals won't know who loma is, and whoever wins the tournament will be looked at as the champ.

Frampton is one of my favorite fighters in the world but his "star power" doesnt surpass Lomachenko's. Not only has Loma fought under several PPV events, he was on the undercard of the sport's biggest fight. To top things off the PPV itself had more views than what PBC has been able to achieve since it began earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Frampton is one of my favorite fighters in the world but his "star power" doesnt surpass Lomachenko's. Not only has Loma fought under several PPV events, he was on the undercard of the sport's biggest fight. To top things off the PPV itself had more views than what PBC has been able to achieve since it began earlier this year.
              No one knows who the **** Lomachenko is you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                No one knows who the **** Lomachenko is you idiot.
                But they know who Frampton is, right? Read what he posted and my reply before displaying your stupidity any further. It's fine being a fan of American boxing and all, just don't emulate their stupidity too often, you'll end up making yourself look like a dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  I don't mean star power right now but whoever won would have at least 3 big wins in a row, if Loma beat Walters that would be great but if that fight doesn't happen what fight is going to grow his brand Donaire???? Gradovich if he beats Selby???? Will Gamboa get back down to 126 those are his options.

Comment

He could but I don't think he will. He doesn't make the best fights with fighters he advises. I think he advises Thurman and look at the cherrypick Thurman is fighting next. I know he advises Khan and look at his cherrypick. Just because Haymon advises two fighters the same weight that would make a great fight against each other doesn't mean he will advise them to fight each other. Usually he doesn't from what I have seen so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X