Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How physically damaged will Floyd be after this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How physically damaged will Floyd be after this fight?

No disputing that Floyd won the fight, but let's not act like it was a cakewalk. The bottom line is that even if you scored it 9-3 for Mayweather, this was the worst physical beating that he's ever taken. He was beaten up to the body, to the head, the back of the head, not to mention the dozens of punches he took to his kidneys and hips. That was a hard fight.

The question is, how much did Maidana take out of him? That was a lot of punishment to be taking at 37, especially when there have been small signs of slippage in the past few years. This is no longer the Mayweather about whom we can say he's never been in tough, never taken punishment, etc. This is the second really physically taxing fight he's been in since he turned 35 -- this fight much more so than the Cotto one. This has the feeling of a potential turning point. I wouldn't be shocked if Mayweather looks noticeably older in September.

This is a good point, and I haven't seen it brought up much. I'm curious to see how he looks in September.

Comment

He should be fine physically since he's pretty much taken zero damage in almost all of his other berry picks. Though mentally, he might be a bit more damaged than usual.

Comment

Given he gave Maidana pillow gloves, and said Maidana never hurt him and Caneo and Cotto hit harder than him, he won't be affected at all.

I didn't see any slippage, he just finally fought an aggressive fearless pressure fighter who was strong on the inside that he couldn't man handle and didn't give him time to think.

Comment

What damage? He took almost every short on the arms and a clash of heads caused a cut. I doubt he will be damaged at all by about 10 decent shots landed from Maidana in the entire fight because he smothers his own work.

Comment

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/5/4/...an-anyone-ever

Comment

Didn't get hit too cleanly he should be fine for September where a rematch is the best logical option.

Comment

Didn't Floyd say in the post fight interview that he won't be able to have anymore kids now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Didn't get hit too cleanly he should be fine for September where a rematch is the best logical option.
                  He got hit with some very clean body shots. The head not so much.

Next time everyone is begging a fighter to go to the body and asking why fighters never go to the body... Remember this fight. Flicking your opponents head back like Floyd was doing counts more with the judges than doing close body work.

Comment

his sides are going to be sore this morning, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X