Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, our government IS really planning something!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nodogoshi View Post
    Yeah, and it is rather hypocritical how you like to throw 'conspi******' around while denigrating people for using 'sheeple'.
    No it isn't.

Originally posted by Armed Convict View Post
    So does this mean you believe there is no such thing as a legitimate conspiracy?
    Originally posted by nodogoshi View Post
    Pig, it is no less intelligent to believe 'every' conspiracy theory than it is to automatically dismiss out of hand anything which might potentially be painted as a conspiracy theory.

Either stance betrays an inability to recognize nuance. I call this the 'simplicity bias'.

True intelligence is displayed in the ability to soberly weigh an issue or a situation on the basis of the available details, and come to a logical, though duly measured per the limitations of relevant knowledge, assessment.
    Only a tool would claim that there are no real conspiracies. Of course there are. But "conspiracy theory" is not the same as conspiracy. You see a conspiracy is any collusion between more than one person to commit an illicit, particularly a criminal act.

A conspiracy theory is something different. At the heart it's a proposal that parties have engaged in a conspiracy (see above) but what makes something a conspiracy theory are a few key characteristics. Firstly there's a total lack of evidence for its veracity and there is often strong evidence against it being true.

Secondly the lack of evidence or the contrary evidence is explained away as being a part of the conspiracy. This makes the theory unfalsifiable.

Thirdly the group or groups responsible have a nebulous quality about them. Seldom are they readily identifiable and the theorists tend to generalise about "the Jews" or "the Elites" or "the Government" or "the Illuminati" or any number of different groups. The general rule is that the group must always be mysterious or non-quantifiable in some way, that way if somebody is an actual member of that group the theorist can hand-wave it as "obviously not ALL Jews are in on it".

Finally the group that the conspiracy is attributed to is simultaneously infinitely competent and prone to utter incompetence. For example a popular theory claims that the Jews (it's often the Jews, conspi******s and antisemites go hand in hand) are secretly and masterfully shaping humanity psychologically and controlling all the world wars, all the media and all the banking in order to something something something but they accidentally leaked a manifesto called the Protocols of the Elders of Zion that gave away their entire plan. Or that the secret world elites have developed "chemtrails" and poisonous vaccines and fatal diseases specifically to reduce the world's population during a period when the world's population increased by a billion people in a decade.

Conspiracy theorists (or "conspi******s" for short) are not in the least bit interested in "a logical... duly measured per the limitations of relevant knowledge, assessment." Instead you can recognise them by the posting of a two hour long youtube film that makes evidence-free assertions about fantastical schemes, or their frequent citing of Alex Jones' barmy nonsense or their creating of an utterly dogshit rap music video that shows somebody ranting about HAARP while smoking drugs that are notorious for making one paranoid.

My biggest concern with conspiracy theories is that without somebody who is willing to refute them repeatedly then casual observers might think "Hmm... maybe there's something to this, why is there a pyramid on the US dollar bill?" and when you consider that everyone has the right to vote I think you can agree that it doesn't pay to have a critical mass of irrational people.

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Squealpiggy is a complete jerk.
    You are so far in the closet you're on first name terms with Sully and Mike.

Comment

The main thing about Conspiracy theories, the people who dabble in it and where it comes from.

Drug users. Pot smokers etc,. There is a reason behind this stereotype. Did this enhance their senses to see what the rest of us can't see? Of course not.

Mental illness. Paranoid schizophrenia - See John Forbes Nash Jr. No drugs needed here. Unless you wanna get some help.

The Conspiracy Theory industry. A loud minority. See: Alex Jones, and ironically see a minority within the minority who now think that Alex Jones is a false flag, disinformation Agent covering up for the Jews, by calling them Globalists.. Oh, how it backfired on him. Even in a small niche market such as this, there has to be the more awakened non-sheeple who don't believe the mainstream conspiracy industry and their "lies".

And finally how about just plain simple LOGIC. REASON. This is where they fail the most. I.E. the Sandy Hook shooting. All this "questioning" of the official account of the incident, yet nobody questions why they would go through all this trouble? "Oh look, the crisis actor laughed on TV, busted!!" yet nobody questions why "they" would even attempt to get away with hiring actors playing parents to 20-something different children in today's modern Information age and expect to get away with it. And to what end? Fake-killing 20-something children whose iden****** were invented? Where are all these parents now? Have they all disappeared yet and gotten back to their real lives? Did the Government snatch them all up by now?

How about the Boston Bombing? What, it's no longer possible for a lone wolf to blow something up independently? The Government has to always be involved in every major incident? If the Government stopped carrying out false flag attacks , there would never be another major terror attack/school shooting? The world would just be a peaceful place? CRITICAL THINKING escapes these enlightened Conspiracy Detectives.

I think I shot my wad on all things conspiracy for the rest of the year.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 03-03-2014, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Conspiracy is code word for "Cover Up"

Not all conspiracies are fictitious imaginings.

Comment

^^ hell yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            No it isn't.
            Yeah it is.

Comment

I really want to know Piggys opinion of Assange and Snowden. I feel like he hates those people but wont admit to it.

Comment

Yeah, but you can't spit like White Baby, Robert Van Winkle, son!!

Got a stoopid bank with mad loot...

Word to yo mutha.

Comment

Political things aside, the music wasn't good, nether was the lyrics. No offense, you wanted honest opinions, I gave mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                    I.E. the Sandy Hook shooting. All this "questioning" of the official account of the incident, yet nobody questions why they would go through all this trouble? "Oh look, the crisis actor laughed on TV, busted!!" yet nobody questions why "they" would even attempt to get away with hiring actors playing parents to 20-something different children in today's modern Information age and expect to get away with it. And to what end? Fake-killing 20-something children whose iden****** were invented? Where are all these parents now? Have they all disappeared yet and gotten back to their real lives? Did the Government snatch them all up by now?
                    This is a great example of the competent/incompetent thing. The government (or whomever) is prescient enough to stage an elaborate hoax without anybody involved giving it up and then they use the same people to be "crisis actors" in multiple events. What, nobody bothered the check?

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    Conspiracy is code word for "Cover Up"

Not all conspiracies are fictitious imaginings.
                    Conspiracy is not a code word for anything, it is a real word with a real definition. It doesn't mean "cover up" at all.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    I really want to know Piggys opinion of Assange and Snowden. I feel like he hates those people but wont admit to it.
                    The pair of them are iconoclasts with disingenuous motivations. They are attempting to set themselves up as brave whistleblowers standing up for freedom but the reality is that they are doing what they are doing because they want the notoriety and the money.

Aside from that they really haven't revealed much of consequence.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Political things aside, the music wasn't good, nether was the lyrics. No offense, you wanted honest opinions, I gave mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Ay right on man, appreciate the view & honest feedback.

Comment

Working...
                      X