Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather can ignore the catchweight should Cotto do the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather can ignore the catchweight should Cotto do the same?

As we all know Mayweather came into the JMM fight at 146.
    Many ppl give Cotto a slim chance of beating Pacquiao so should he just come in at 147 and give himself a better chance of winning as he's the underdog?

He shouldn't be the underdog, its actually kind of laughable a blown up SFW being favored to beat Cotto but that is what you get without rationality.....and no Cotto has more character than to dishonor his agreement I believe. Floyd's bad behavior doesn't justify anyone elses bad behavior.

Comment

PBF only got charged 300k per pound.... Cotto will be charged 1MIL per pound... I dont think he'll do it... Plus Cotto is ALOT more professional than PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by panickinu View Post
        PBF only got charged 300k per pound.... Cotto will be charged 1MIL per pound... I dont think he'll do it... Plus Cotto is ALOT more professional than PBF.
        This is the correct answer.

Comment

i dont think cotto would do that but for me, i would like him to just wieght 147...

so if pac wins, there will be no excuses.

Comment

All valid points Cotto having more class etc but if it gives him a better chance of winning why not? @panickinu is it 1mil per pound over?

Comment

Cotto fans will pop at PBF all day for pulling that "stunt" yet they would defend it if Cotto did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                As we all know Mayweather came into the JMM fight at 146.
                Many ppl give Cotto a slim chance of beating Pacquiao so should he just come in at 147 and give himself a better chance of winning as he's the underdog?
                that would be a big ***** move

Comment

This is a tough one. If i was Cotto i would say fvk it and go up to 147 or at least at 146 just to prove a point and also make it more to his advantage. But to be more honorable with the contract and agreement, then stay at 145. For me personally, it comes down to what weight i would feel more comfortable, safe, and with the most advantage with. If it is going to hamper my performance and safety, then i wouldn't risk it.

Comment

Cotto wouldn't do that for several reasons

1. He will owe a LOT more money than floyd had to pay. Manny makes it like 1mil per extra pound.

2. Cotto's title is on the line which means if he came in overweight he would be forced to vacate the title and WOULDN'T be able to get it back even if he were to win against Pac.

3. Cotto is classy.

Comment

Working...
                    X