Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is prime only determined by age or how long you've been fighting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see why Roy wanted to stay at cruiserweight-heavyweight(if he planned to), wasn't **** there from wat I remember...Evander been washed up

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
      I don't see why Roy wanted to stay at cruiserweight-heavyweight(if he planned to), wasn't **** there from wat I remember...Evander been washed up
      3 Reasons...

1. Bob Fitsimmons in 1897 was the only MW champion who had gone to HW to win a title... Bob also dropped down to LHW, to regain the LHW title, after winning the HW title. By Roy moving down to re-gain the LHW title, means he would matched what Bob Fitsimmons did 106 years earlier. He felt that Grabbing the HW title, coming from MW was only half the battle, it wasn't complete unless he re-gained the LHW title.

2. Tarver kept calling him out and he faced the challenge.

3. He tried getting a fight with Evander or Mike, when that didn't work out, fighting Tarver was the next thing to do.

In Hindsite it would of been best to make a stop at Cruiserweight, but realistically he was a Cruiserweight while at HW, and most likely wouldn't have changed his body any staying there before moving to LHW.

Comment

Different for every fighter.

Comment

A fighter become unprime after he loses a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by multivitamins View Post
            A fighter become unprime after he loses a fight.
            its sad that henry armstrong never had a prime since he got ktfo in his first pro fight. imagine what he could have accomplished if he wasn't shot. oh well.

Comment

how can you say so. ALI never needed to be at prime when he defeated

Foreman! a young Ali is in prime. Foreman was monster then when he fought

Ali.

Foreman had beaten Moorer in his old age.

PRIME in skill boxing does recognized greatness but not age.

pac beaten barrera and morales at young age, but they say they're shot.

and out of prime.

hopkins is still man to beat in higher division even his to be young and old.

pac had trouble to much in a older jmm. though jmm is older than barrera and

morales its the skill not the age or wars they fought.

Comment

Working...
              X