Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cotto who fought Floyd versus the Manny who fought Bradley who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as he doesn't brawl Manny like he did in the first fight and take his time he will do much better. His jab was working well on Manny but he needs to follow up with something after it. Cotto isn't a combination fighter but he will have to be vs Manny or his jabs will go to waste because he has a really good jab but he never follows up after it.

Comment

I think Cotto outboxes Manny for 9 rounds, but Manny wins by TKO in 11 or 12. Cotto would use his legs way more against Manny than he did with Floyd. This will have him tired in the later rounds with Manny still putting constant pressure on him. Cotto seems to wilt at pressure. He was beginning to fade in the rematch with Margarito just before they stopped it. But, if Manny tires out the way he did with Bradley late, then Cotto will win by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        he'd stop cotto faster than he did the first time. pac is all wrong for him
        Based on what???

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
          As long as he doesn't brawl Manny like he did in the first fight and take his time he will do much better. His jab was working well on Manny but he needs to follow up with something after it. Cotto isn't a combination fighter but he will have to be vs Manny or his jabs will go to waste because he has a really good jab but he never follows up after it.
          really cotto brawl with manny??? is that what u guys call it every time pac sends his opponent to the floor?? its not because pac just happen to catch cotto good unexpectedly??? no, its becasue cotto brawl with him hahaha!!!!

Comment

I am an agreement with the people who say Pacquiao is completely wrong for him, and I am a huge Cotto fan. I always felt Cotto would do pretty well against Mayweather and I was not surprised the way the fight played out at all. But against Manny he just gets overwhelmed by the offensive arsenal. I think it could be a closer fight if he sticks to a good boxing game plan, moving to his left away from the power hand, but his defence is still too open, especially when he throws, or just after he has thrown. He does not execute that back foot style like Marquez, and he does not have the freshness and chin of Bradley, Timmy could exchange and let is chin hang out there a little, Cotto can't do that. I honestly would not mind seeing it again, would like to see Cotto now in a better place mentally try and correct things, I would expect him to give a better accountof himself certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              really cotto brawl with manny??? is that what u guys call it every time pac sends his opponent to the floor?? its not because pac just happen to catch cotto good unexpectedly??? no, its becasue cotto brawl with him hahaha!!!!
              No its because when your drained your resistance is nowhere near what you have when healthy , nor your endurance nor your timing and snap , take the draining CW away and Pac is in a world of trouble .

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                At 154, Cotto wouldn't have to worry about weight-draining, he wouldn't have to worry about getting his face busted up. IDK why people are so convinced that the fight would play out the same EXACT way at 154 as it did at 145.
                because what makes u think at 154 cotto is going to become a whole new fighter??? LOL!! the style is all wrong for cotto. the only way cotto win is if pac have both his hands tie behind his back. cotto lost not because of the weight, not because he brawl with pac its because he couldnt deal with pac's style. in the early rounds cotto was doing good so if he was doing good why would he switch his game plan?? because pacstarted to turn up the heat and cotto couldnt handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  No its because when your drained your resistance is nowhere near what you have when healthy , nor your endurance nor your timing and snap , take the draining CW away and Pac is in a world of trouble .
                  so in other word cotto was drain at 145 against pac but in his previous fight which he won at 146 against clottey he was not drain??? or was he drain against pac only because he lost? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                    Based on what???
                    based on what happened in the first fight fool..what the f0ck else...

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      because what makes u think at 154 cotto is going to become a whole new fighter??? LOL!! the style is all wrong for cotto. the only way cotto win is if pac have both his hands tie behind his back. cotto lost not because of the weight, not because he brawl with pac its because he couldnt deal with pac's style. in the early rounds cotto was doing good so if he was doing good why would he switch his game plan?? because pacstarted to turn up the heat and cotto couldnt handle it.
                      10 + pounds and a real trainer will make a world of difference to Cotto , hmmmm you could see it in the Floyd fight , who different animal than the drained 145 Cotto ,,,, its funny you ignore the weight like you do , I take it you have never boxed .

Comment

Working...
                      X