No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Carson Jones July 7th - Confirmed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunk. View Post
    Brook's bum of the month tour continues.
    yeah who the hell is carson jones when he's at home?

Comment

yanks have been hyping this guy as the second coming of SRL, lets see if he is ready for the special one.

Comment

He's ranked 3rd by the IBF, still in his prime but he's lost a fair few fights already....atleast he's unbeaten in his last 8.

Didn't expect anything else from Matchroom/Hearn. It's a 5hity fight

He did say he'd like to fight the winner of Jones/Bailey which is a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          He sells a lot of tickets.
          So, does he plan on coming to the states to fight? Or does he plan on pulling the ****ty ass American fighters who are desperate for a pay check to the UK his whole career?
          Originally posted by Boksor
          Some guys need to cool down on the criticism, Brook just got through in beating Hatton, give em a fcuking break
          Yea cause Hatton is the toughest opponent out there ever.

Comment

Who?

What people seem to not know/or overlook is that Brook is OLDER than Amir Khan, yes older. Brook is 26 years old, and he hasn't one name on his resume.

Khan is 25 and has Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and Judah.

When i see people rating Brook over Khan, i shake my head in disbelief.

I always thought Brook was like 22/23 years old, only found out a while ago he was actually older than Khan .

He can fight Carson Who all he wants, still will have done nothing to prove he deserves to be even mentioned in the same breath as Khan.

Love Khan or hate him, one thing you have to tip your hat to him for, is he went to the opponents back yard and made a name for himself. He didn't need to pick nobodies to come to his back yard to build a name for himself. If Carson Jones was the best they could get to come to Sheffield, here's an idea, how about Brook going to the US and fighting a better calibre of oppenent?

No? Asking too much?
            Last edited by Roy Jones Jnr; 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              So, does he plan on coming to the states to fight? Or does he plan on pulling the ****ty ass American fighters who are desperate for a pay check to the UK his whole career?
              He fought in the US on the Froch-Ward card.

I dont think he has any issue fighting in America but they had a date set for Sheffield in July. I think they're trying to build a fanbase here first (which he didn't really have before). Then hopefully get a big name to come here where it'll get US TV exposure, then come to the US off the back of that.

Its easy to say "come to the US" but harder to find someone to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                Who?

What people seem to not know/or overlook is that Brook is OLDER than Amir Khan, yes older. Brook is 26 years old, and he hasn't one name on his resume.

Khan is 25 and has Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana and Judah.

When i see people rating Brook over Khan, i shake my head in disbelief.

I always thought Brook was like 22/23 years old, only found out a while ago he was actually older than Khan .

He can fight Carson Who all he wants, still will have done nothing to prove he deserves to be even mentioned in the same breath as Khan.

Love Khan or hate him, one thing you have to tip your hat to him for, is he went to the opponents back yard and made a name for himself. He didn't need to pick nobodies to come to his back yard to build a name for himself. If Carson Jones was the best they could get to come to Sheffield, here's an idea, how about Brook going to the US and fighting a better calibre of oppenent?

No? Asking too much?
                Amir Khan was an olympic medalist and therefore a golden boy from his pro debut. Warren was promoting him and neglecting Brook which is why Brook has had to start again basically under Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  They got 10 000 people to go to his last fight in Sheffield. If they think they can do those numbers everytime they're not going anywhere for a long while.

Comment

To be fair this is an eliminator and the winner will fight for the IBF next.

Comment

I'm going to put some money on a Jones stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X