No announcement yet.

without the head butts,elbows ,holding and hitting plus low blows,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happyman
    What's sad is everything he described is what Mayweather, Ward, Hopkins, Alexander, Berto etc made a career off of. But when Guererro does it apparently it's blatant cheating.
    What's funny is that a lot of these guys on the forum claim to be anti cheaters. When their boxer does it it's fair but when it's a different race/nationality/etc ohhhhh they go off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      LOL @ cheated his way to victory. Who got busted for steroids?
      ^^^^^^^^^ this...

Comment

Robert is a dirty fighter and lost me as a fan. The head in the face, the grabbing back of neck , ect. There will always be holding, but robert was over the top and that was more like mma. The ref did a s**t job in the early rounds. I will now he rootijg for robert to lowe from now on.

Comment

This is the hurt business. We all wanna see clean flashy technical punching and combinations but its a fight and head butts, elbows, holding etc are all part of boxing.

Some fighters do not have the skill of others and have to use what they can to win as in Berto Guerro.

Comment

Cheating , what a load of horse****.

Berto was holding too, and was so frustrated he was hitting behind the head.. on purpose i might add. Robert ruffed him up, which is the last thing berto expected. I was confident Guerrero could beat him up from the outside, but he took it inside instead.

Berto had no answer! He chose to stay there. Why didnt he use his so called "skill and speed" to get robert off him, and hit and move.

Comment

The only time I had a issue was the first knockdown. That was clearly holding and hitting. It was as blatant and clear to see as you can get and the ref was oblivious.

Other than that, they were both holding each other, hitting behind the head and generally fighting quite dirty. Guerrero was just the one being more assertive.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                when Alexander, Ward and Hopkins do it it's called being crafty and using "veteran tricks" but when Molina and Guerrero do it they're boring cheaters
                Yeah that sounds about right. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

when Alexander, Ward and Hopkins do it it's called being crafty and using "veteran tricks" but when Molina and Guerrero do it they're boring cheaters
                  Are u serious? Hopkins is regarded as one of the most blatant holding and headbutt cheats in boxing. Not sure about Ward, Hopkins seems much worse.

Comment

Exactly right.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Are u serious? Hopkins is regarded as one of the most blatant holding and headbutt cheats in boxing. Not sure about Ward, Hopkins seems much worse.
                      This^^^^^^. And lets throw in that Bradley's head has been such an issue that the ref's even mention it in the locker room/pre-fight instructions, not to mention it's pretty much his calling card whenever a fight of his is approaching. Ward? Nah, he just knows how to effectively maul a fighter, and does it in a far more "cleaner" manner than B-Hop.

Personally for me the little tricks dont bother me(hitting on the thighs, holding and going to the body), thats just part of the game. But holding behind the head to let off a series of blows DOES bother me, and sending 3-5 good shots after the bell DOES bother me. Even low blowing to get yourself outta trouble bothers me. To me, thats just going too far.

Whats funny is I see alot of praise for Robert, and the nasty tactics he used last night(Berto was guilty of some himself, but Robert DID make it that kind of fight, and the ref somewhat allowed it), but when Floyd cold c0cked Victor for being a dirty mvther****er, you coulda swore that Floyd had reveiled himself as the anti-Christ himself, from the posts on here. I find that odd.

Comment

Working...
                      X