Canelo: “Always support the Mexican”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo: “Always support the Mexican”

https://youtu.be/SoxPy09VlYQ

Personally, I think all Americans should support American fighters no matter what color they are but American fighters get the most hate in their own country. I think Boxing in America would thrive if we supported each other. We have the most money and they best platforms it’s no reason why Boxing shouldn’t be thriving like the 80s in America.
    I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this? Let’s keep the debate civil there’s no need to disrespect each other. This debate is neede in my opinion. We can have a honest debate without getting ignorant.
    Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-14-2018, 02:31 PM.

Nothing wrong with supporting your kind as long as it doesn't mean disrespecting other fighters

Boxing fans think that to support your fighter you have to disrespect others

Comment

Why wouldn't he support his own people? Nothing wrong at all.

Comment

It makes sense. If you're from MA, you probably support the Patriots and the Red Sox, if you're from NOLA, you probably support the Saints, if you're American you probably root for the Americans at the Olympics, and if you're American you should probably support the American fighter if he's fighting someone of a different nationality.

It all makes sense and it doesn't need to get racial.

Comment

War Margarito!!

One of the best beatdowns of the 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

Personally, I think all Americans should support American fighters no matter what color they are but American fighters get the most hate in their own country. I think Boxing in America would thrive if we supported each other. We have the most money and they best platforms it’s no reason why Boxing shouldn’t be thriving like the 80s in America.
            I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this?
            Nothing wrong with what he said, just like you people support that woman beating thug Mayweather only because he's a black.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post

I know it sounds a little racist but how do you boxing fans feel about Canelo saying this?
              Water is wet.

Patriotism is not a crime.

Crap thread.

Get yo rep up foo'

Comment

No problem with that at all, however when Americans do stand behind their own (which only happens maybe once every 4 years for the Olympics) somehow that is looked down upon and we get called "Arrogant Americans" and we get labeled "Racist"

But yeah no problem with that at all

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                  Nothing wrong with what he said, just like you people support that woman beating thug Mayweather only because he's a black.
                  Tyson Holyfield Ward Hagler and countless of others always picked against Floyd. There’s black Youtube boxing channels that are dedicated to hating anything Floyd does.
                  Ward picked Guerrero to beat Mayweather. African Americans are scared to support each other because they get called racist when they do or it’s the old “you only supporting him because he’s black” line. For example, Oscar gets so much love from his people even though he doesn’t take care of his kids, cheated on his wife multiple times, drug addict, multiple dwis, rapist/pedo. They support theirs no matter what. If Oscar was black there’s a good chance that he’d have a hard time surviving in a black neighborhood for being a pedophile. Not excusing either of their behavior I’m just telling you what it is.
                  Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 11-14-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    Nothing wrong with supporting your kind as long as it doesn't mean disrespecting other fighters

Boxing fans think that to support your fighter you have to disrespect others
                    This. Patriotism is fine but there's too many boxing fans (especially on this forum) that find they have to be racist or xenophobic because they think that's part of backing their guy or their kind.

It's why we have the dumbest fans in sports bar none and why I'm basically done posting here.

Comment

Working...
                    X