Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How else can we compete with manufacturing in China?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How else can we compete with manufacturing in China?

So we all know most American companies get their shat built in China because manufacturing is real cheap over there but how do we combat that so we dont have to manufacture in China?

I know we got some entrepreneurs on here, when you make your products and you get them made in China its because you are saving a ton on overhead, even R&D right? What is another option tho?

With the recent Coronavirus and the tension between US and China and the shady communist crap they pull over there, me and my lady(who started doing our own online small business) really dont want to go to China to get our products made, but we need to keep all of those costs down, really down for obvious reasons.

So what's our best options?

Many of you know my work was going to send me out to Japan and Australia in the next coming months but Japan is canceled right now due to the CoronaVirus but even if that never happened I never really wanted to go to China to get our products made. CV or not. One of my boys went to China over the summer and he told me he felt like they were watching him the whole time and he couldn't even log on to Google or anything over there at all. He said he couldnt wait to get the F out!

Are there other better alternatives?

To sum this up..we are in a price competitive market. Consumers want things as cheap as possible and if you don’t do it someone else will. Even with a tariff upon import it’s cheaper to get things done externally. If you manufacture you are paying for the import of materials and machinery as is. Before you manufacture a single thing you are hemorrhaging money on rent, machine, business insurance, wages, employment taxes, and a ton of other sht. We live in a Walmart mentality era. The margins even on imported goods when it’s all said and done aren’t that great, chains hold all of the power over pricing. The only way you make money these days is in bulk sales to chains like target, Walmart, kmart because you are selling a million units at a dollar profit per and hope that product turns into a million unit a month shipper or better. You have some products that yield as low as ten cents profit per unit. It’s why you see Apple sell directly to consumer, the real money is cutting the middle man out of the equation and then you might be able to survive as a manufacturer stateside. It’s just too expensive to manufacture here, pay people a good wage, and have enough of a war chest to not go under if you have a bad quarter.
    Last edited by turnedup; 02-09-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      So we all know most American companies get their shat built in China because manufacturing is real cheap over there but how do we combat that so we dont have to manufacture in China?

I know we got some entrepreneurs on here, when you make your products and you get them made in China its because you are saving a ton on overhead, even R&D right? What is another option tho?

With the recent Coronavirus and the tension between US and China and the shady communist crap they pull over there, me and my lady(who started doing our own online small business) really dont want to go to China to get our products made, but we need to keep all of those costs down, really down for obvious reasons.

Many of you know my work was going to send me out to Japan and Australia in the next coming months but Japan is canceled right now due to the CoronaVirus but even if that never happened I never really wanted to go to China to get our products made. CV or not. One of my boys went to China over the summer and he told me he felt like they were watching him the whole time and he couldn't even log on to Google or anything over there at all. He said he couldnt wait to get the F out!

Make the Trump family Presidents for life is the only way

Comment

Invade China and regime change

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          To sum this up..we are in a price competitive market. Consumers want things as cheap as possible and if you don’t do it someone else will. Even with a tariff upon import it’s cheaper to get things done externally. If you manufacture you are paying for the import of materials and machinery as is. Before you manufacture a single thing you are hemorrhaging money on rent, machine, business insurance, wages, employment taxes, and a ton of other sht. We live in a Walmart mentality era. The margins even on imported goods when it’s all said and done aren’t that great, chains hold all of the power over pricing. The only way you make money these days is in bulk sales to chains like target, Walmart, kmart because you are selling a million units at a dollar profit per and hope that product turns into a million unit a month shipper or better. You have some products that yield as low as ten cents profit per unit. It’s why you see Apple sell directly to consumer, the real money is cutting the middle man out of the equation and then you might be able to survive as a manufacturer stateside. It’s just too expensive to manufacture here, pay people a good wage, and have enough of a war chest to not go under if you have a bad quarter.
          Green K bro!

I'm with you on all this. But is there a better alternative than us having to go to China? Like another country?

Shat even Nike left China for Vietnam right?

Comment

They are just number wong in that area and im fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Make the Trump family Presidents for life is the only way
              Huh? Where was the trump suit collection made? Trump houseware line? Ivanka and ivanas fashion line? Bro, they don’t give a fk about where shh is made, it’s a popular line for political purposes. It’s not a shot at trump, he’d just be stupid to have that shhh made here. Manufacturing left here and won’t ever really be back short of us going to a huge pacific war. Sorry, I know it’s sucks but folks need to start focusing on learning to be electricians, machinery engineers, computer savvy because those old generation to generation jobs won’t ever be back...well unless you want to pay 3 grand for a 5 hundred dollar tv. $200 for bed sheets. Etc. it’s just too expensive man, I was paying 20 grand on business insurance alone when I had five employees. It climbed to 110k when we hit 20 and that’s whether I made a buck or not. That’s at 20..do you know how many employees it takes to run manufacturing..that’s a big but to be on the hook on while you are trying to generate revenue burning tons of cash. Get this I wasn’t even manufacturing anything so imagine what it’s like for an actual manufacturer

Comment

Green K bro!

I'm with you on all this. But is there a better alternative than us having to go to China? Like another country?

Shat even Nike left China for Vietnam right?
                It’s not just China. India, lots of poor European countries. I mean part of it is that the place needs to have stable banking too.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  It’s not just China. India, lots of poor European countries. I mean part of it is that the place needs to have stable banking too.
                  Bro at my work, this vendor keeps hitting me up kissing my arse he makes like keychains, and bottle openers with companies logos on them.

He calls me 24/7 I tell my receptionist to just let it go to voicemail.

He's like come on bro let us do all your clients and put their logos on keychains and bottle openers for you.

MoFO won't even give me free samples either, and all im thinking is how is this guy still in business? We can literally get all this made in China for pennies and he wants to charge us $25 just for a handful.

This guy has a warehouse in SouthBay too? Im like how's this guy even keeping the lights on?

Comment

The labour in China is still relatively cheap but as the country becomes more prosperous the workers will demand a bigger chunk of the pie and that comparative advantage will be erased. To compete meanwhile you have to go high tech to minimise labour costs and depend more on capital. With robots that won’t take too long. You can also do like what the Germans did, differentiate.

Comment

Working...
                    X