Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster volume 1: Canelo was green when he fought Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether Canelo was too young or under weight he got dominated. I would expect if he was underweight he would have some prolonged stretches where he out fought Floyd or at least be in even terms untill the weight cut kicked in. He didn't. He was out thought and out skilled. That's the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
      He wasn’t green but he wasn’t anywhere near the fighter he’s turned into.

To think that was Canelo at his best is laughable
      It also wasn't Mayweather at his best so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Whether Canelo was too young or under weight he got dominated. I would expect if he was underweight he would have some prolonged stretches where he out fought Floyd or at least be in even terms untill the weight cut kicked in. He didn't. He was out thought and out skilled. That's the bottom line.

Yeah, and?

Put 2013 Mayweather vs. current Canelo and Floyd gets effen SMOKED. That’s a big fact. So you make no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
          Lmfao HAHAHA
          YDKSAB!!

Canelo couldn’t even dominate an old as hell, battle torn, over the EFFING MOUNTAIN Miguel Cotto!! It wasn’t until after that victory that he finally grew into his full potential!

GTFOH KID!
          YDKSAB!
          i dont know **** about boxing, thats a laugh, ive forgot more than you'll ever know.... i can take that as long as you can admit you are incapable of reading and comprehending what you read.....where did i say he was in his prime genius? i said he wasnt an inexperienced, green fighter. Next time you want to reply to me, try or attempt to read the entire OP, or you'll be ignored....

Comment

Lmfao HAHAHA
            YDKSAB!!

Canelo couldn’t even dominate an old as hell, battle torn, over the EFFING MOUNTAIN Miguel Cotto!! It wasn’t until after that victory that he finally grew into his full potential!

GTFOH KID!
            YDKSAB!
            you do realize floyd was in his mid 30s in his 5th division and not at his best, but oh yeah i forgot, floyd is an ageless black high lander....Floyd McMayweather from the clan of McMayweather

so did Canelo lose to an undersized, pillow fisted, brittle old man or an ageless wonder who endured no wars?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              you do realize floyd was in his mid 30s in his 5th division and not at his best, but oh yeah i forgot, floyd is an ageless black high lander....Floyd McMayweather from the clan of McMayweather

so did Canelo lose to an undersized, pillow fisted, brittle old man or an ageless wonder who endured no wars?

Lmao! Again proving my point that YDKSAB!

Floyd didn’t endure wars!
              The main priority of his style was to AVOID WARS!
              Avoid fighting altogether!
              Lmao! Oh no, you suck again!

Comment

Yeah, and?

Put 2013 Mayweather vs. current Canelo and Floyd gets effen SMOKED. That’s a big fact. So you make no sense.
                No he wouldn't get smoked even today and I am not a fan of Money Mayweather. I was a fan of Pretty Boy Floyd but his newer style doesn't get me excited. The skill level between these two is quite a bit.

Comment

Oh ****, 43 fights, that's a lot of fights, Canelo would have been passed his prime by your logic. Especially when he struggled with Austin Trout.

Anyways, Canelo was green that he wasn't ready for Floyd, and the catchweight was a factor more than anything, 152 killed Canelo's body so much that he never fought at 154 ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Oh ****, 43 fights, that's a lot of fights, Canelo would have been passed his prime by your logic. Especially when he struggled with Austin Trout.

Anyways, Canelo was green that he wasn't ready for Floyd, and the catchweight was a factor more than anything, 152 killed Canelo's body so much that he never fought at 154 ever again.

floyd was a stylistic bad match up for canelo....floyd literally does every thing he does well better

he was never going to be "ready" because he isnt the type of fighter to trouble floyd.

as far as logic...news flash a 126 pounder with 60 fights at age 29, many fight of the year candidates is not prime...

same as a 23 year old with damn near 50 fights isnt "green"

nice excuse though

you ever heard of context?

Comment

Lmao! Again proving my point that YDKSAB!

Floyd didn’t endure wars!
                      The main priority of his style was to AVOID WARS!
                      Avoid fighting altogether!
                      Lmao! Oh no, you suck again!
                      i dont know **** about boxing but im sure you never watched floyd vs Emmanuel Augustus, Demarcus Corely, Phillip Ndo, and Jesus Chavez, taxing fights and wars

you can type YDKSAB a million times, doesnt change the fact that you yourself know very little outside your weak agenda

i know you dont watch full fights like many "know nothings" around here so here are high lights....obviously you only been following boxing for a short time

Comment

Working...
                      X