Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortlist for FOTD revealed. Pacquiao didn't make it into the top 3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had Andre Ward remained active after the Super 6 tournament he would've won by landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
      I kinda felt the same bout PAC getting it also then. But he did bring a lot of excitement. It’s just kind of a novelty award anyway, the dates aren’t actually important in boxing history. Every year they still say “of the last ten years” to describe any athlete. Still it’s something to analyze and debate over, which is part of everything that goes on here. I could see how “maybe” Floyd didn’t win either last two decades but still get “Fighter of the last twenty years”.
      seriously now?

Did you see what Pacquiao did during 2008-2009?

He fought Marquez in his prime. It was the battle between P4P No.1 and 2.

Diaz TKO
      Dela Hoya TKO
      Hatton KO
      Miguel Cotto>

What did Mayweather do in 2000-2009 to even contest Pacquiao for the decade?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        Hes not even a solid Member You ****ing imbecile. Hes not even a full member of the BWAA. I am dumbass. lol Hes an auxiliary member. My last post stands due to sever ability to comprehend.
        Diploma - GED .
        Auxiliary members are those who have achieved a certain level of accomplishment but have not yet amassed a body of work in terms of quality and quantity that warrants full voting privileges. An auxiliary member can apply for reconsideration of his or her classification after writing more extensively. He cant even Vote. lol
        what next ...keep trying
        It says he can't vote on BWAA elections and hall of fame only full member can. Stop lying and trying to mislead. Imbecile.

http://www.bwaa.org/members
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-01-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Mayweather
          Canelo
          Ward

World Boxing News revealed the shortlisted candidates for Fighter of the Decade with the previous winner, Manny Pacquiao absent from the trio. Prior to the holiday break and ahead of the official announcement on January 7th, Canelo Alvarez, Andre Ward, and Floyd Mayweather got the nod. Pacquiao was the fourth man of the initial ten selected, which also included Nonito Donaire, Gennadiy Golovkin, Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua, Vasyl Lomachenko, and Deontay Wilder. Despite a resurgence in recent years, the Filipino legend suffered four losses (two highly debated) through the ten-year stretch. Others, like Ward and Mayweather, remained undefeated. Canelo only lost to Mayweather and has been one of the most active world champions of the period. In 2010 at the turn of the new decade, Pacquiao was in formidable shape. Rightly recognized as the number one in the world. Amazingly ending the year campaigning at 154 pounds after beginning his career at 105, Pacquiao beat Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito. He looked invincible in the process. Following it up with victories over Shane Mosley and Juan Manuel Marquez for a second time, Pacquiao would then endure a terrible 2012. One of the most shocking robberies of all time against Timothy Bradley in June was followed up by THAT avenging knockout by Marquez. ‘The punch heard around the world’ put an end to a four-fight saga which gave Marquez the satisfaction he deserved for his efforts in the quadrilogy. Bouncing back to defeat Brandon Rios, Pacquiao would then prove how much of a fluke it was that Bradley got the decision. Pacquiao dominated the rematch before sewing up and tying in a bow his trilogy with Bradley due to an 8-4 win across the board in 2016. Before that, the mega-fight that took far too long to come to fruition meant Pacquiao had now suffered six losses. Floyd Mayweather eased to a points win in 2015 as Pacquiao nurse a shoulder injury in the most lucrative event of all time. Since the reverse, and apart from another judging aberration against Jeff Horn, Pacquiao has gone from strength to strength like a fine wine. Triumphs against Jessie Vargas, Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman have Pacquiao riding high in the P4P rankings once again.

Just not enough to make the final panel of candidates.

There’s also the reasoning of labeling Pacquiao the best fighter of the last twenty years by handing him the award once again – consider.

So, without the presence of the ‘Pacman’, who will take over his mantle?

Find out on January 7th.

Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News and an Auxiliary member of the Boxing Writers Association of America. Follow on Twitter PhilDJay
          Try to post whole contents of an article next time

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
            Does that add anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              It says he can't vote on BWAA elections and hall of fame only full member can. Stop lying and trying to mislead. Imbecile.

http://www.bwaa.org/members
              why you repeating what i just told you? I said he wasnt a full member. Are you high or just fuking re1arded?

Comment

Awww, poor Pacquiao. He may get Knockout of the Decade for Pac- Marquez 4 though! ����

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
                  I saw that also. lol He talks about people misleading people. This fuknut mislead the entire thread. Then acts like the lame as writer for some cheap WBN...is a full member of the BWAA. And hes not . Hes an Auxiliary member. Meaning hes not good enough as a writer for them to except at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    Awww, poor Pacquiao. He may get Knockout of the Decade for Pac- Marquez 4 though! ����
                    Thanks for joining. Manny has already done that. Been there done that and bought the tshirt. Nobody cares that manny gets it again. We only care that Floyd NEVER gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      why you repeating what i just told you? I said he wasnt a full member. Are you high or just fuking re1arded?
                      You said he wasn't allowed to vote on FOTD, which is a lie. Imbecile.

Comment

Working...
                      X