• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo-BJS “95%” done

Mike Coppinger
    MikeCoppinger
    ·
    7h
    Sources: Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders haven’t agreed to terms yet, but they’re about 95% there, and the sides are determined to finalize a deal this week for a May 2 super middleweight title fight on DAZN. The hold-up: a discrepancy with Saunders’ minimum in his contract

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...903536642?s=20

Gee, I guess Billy Joe Saunders isn’t terrified of Canelo Alvarez and was smart to hold out for more money.

Alvarez fans, once again, scream about how stupid everyone is for not accepting the first offer only to be proven wrong. It’s becoming a biannual event.

Comment

Fake news.

Comment

BJS is gonna run his yap for the next two months...this fight's gonna sell big...

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          Gee, I guess Billy Joe Saunders isn’t terrified of Canelo Alvarez and was smart to hold out for more money.

Alvarez fans, once again, scream about how stupid everyone is for not accepting the first offer only to be proven wrong. It’s becoming a biannual event.
          It’s a double edged sword though. In one instance team Saunders were smart to hold out and get a better deal but on the other hand Team Smith made a terrible mistake in rejecting an opportunity they won’t get anywhere else.

Comment

I have said on here from right after the Kovalev fight that Canelo would fight Saunders next. Easy work. All those lowball offers to others were just for show so Oscar could claim he tried to fight all the others first. Oscar claimed Saunders was not the front runner but Saunders has always been the front runner. That is the fight Canelo wants and the fight I think we will get.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-v...k-exec--146855

Comment

Callum Smith was smart not to take a bad offer.

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                It’s a double edged sword though. In one instance team Saunders were smart to hold out and get a better deal but on the other hand Team Smith made a terrible mistake in rejecting an opportunity they won’t get anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post

Of course

That’s the point of negotiating, which is what a lot of people on here don’t understand. Like Golden Boy are just throwing massive money at opponents on the first offer.

People really think Canelo’s team don’t expect counter offers? It’s all part of the process.

I have more confidence in Saunders taking the fight anyway. Callum Smith basically ducked Saunders earlier this year, didn’t bother with a counter offer for the offer to fight Saunders, just flat out refused to negotiate and now it seems they haven’t tried to negotiate for the Canelo fight, but who knows, maybe they have..

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I have said on here from right after the Kovalev fight that Canelo would fight Saunders next. Easy work. All those lowball offers to others were just for show so Oscar could claim he tried to fight all the others first. Oscar claimed Saunders was not the front runner but Saunders has always been the front runner. That is the fight Canelo wants and the fight I think we will get.
                    I heard since early January that BJS has been the front runner and part of the reason Canelo vacated the WBO 175 title so fast was on the basis he would fight BJS with the 168 WBO title.

I never really believe the teams and talks of negotiations. You don’t want to announce a fight too early because it loses steam. So it’s better to keep everyone guessing and interested with rumours, even if you’re pretty sure you know who the fight will be with.

I didn’t think it was much of a coincidence that when i heard from a decent source that it’s almost certainly BJS, he was heading out to Dubai to start training.

Of course i might be completely wrong and BJS may not get the fight, but someone credible enough told me that he’s been almost nailed on since the beginning of the year. But then people say a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
                    X