No announcement yet.

Woman boxers literally never get threads made on them here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I hype up Jessica McCaskill whenever the opportunity presents itself (this being one of those) But I also don't make many threads. I think I've only made six or seven in the last two years.

Sheilds does piss people off though, for right and wrong reasons.
    Both those fights with Farias were classics. McCaskill should try to land Linardatou next.

Much respect to Farias, too. Her four losses were by decision to McCaskill, Braekhus, and Persoon and she has several legit wins to her own credit.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      The big problem with womens boxing is that all the best fighters are in different divisions. You have maybe six or seven amazing fighters in the whole sport. In the mens you've got that many in each division.

I think changing the rounds to three minutes was an excellent start though. There was really no reason for that since all the fighters hated it.
      I take issue with this post.

I can't name 7 elite male boxers now, unless you just throw greatness around. I don't care about popularity. I really can't call any male boxer in the current boxing climate an A fighter. I see the highest as a B+, with some potential to be great.

Despite being outnumbered in million fold, women's boxing has some elite, even super elite boxers/fighters. I'd put Katie Taylor at number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        Despite being outnumbered in million fold, women's boxing has some elite, even super elite boxers/fighters. I'd put Katie Taylor as number 1.
        Persoon beat Taylor clean, 97-93, and got robbed. Persoon is a fantastic fighter and easily P4P top 3, so there's no shame in losing that fight, but no way Taylor deserves to be ranked ahead of her.

Braekhus is well ahead of Taylor too. Victoria Bustos, who fought both of them, said flat out that Taylor cannot beat Braekhus.

And I would pick Amanda Serrano to beat Katie Taylor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Persoon beat Taylor clean, 97-93, and got robbed. Persoon is a fantastic fighter and easily P4P top 3, so there's no shame in losing that fight, but no way Taylor deserves to be ranked ahead of her.

Braekhus is well ahead of Taylor too. Victoria Bustos, who fought both of them, said flat out that Taylor cannot beat Braekhus.

And I would pick Amanda Serrano to beat Katie Taylor as well.
          Persoon was a superwelter fighting a superfeather. The fight was close. I gave it to Katie by one round or draw. I didn't score it round by round.

They can rematch but Katie should insist on same day weigh in. With the rest of your post, I digress.

Comment

Annoying AF, can't understand people in the comments saying she's a real women, and funny and awesome personality, wtf?

Comment

Persoon was a superwelter fighting a superfeather. The fight was close. I gave it to Katie by one round or draw. I didn't score it round by round.

They can rematch but Katie should insist on same day weigh in. With the rest of your post, I digress.
              Persoon has been making lightweight since her career started, and she even moved DOWN to win an interim 130 pound belt and Taylor moved UP to win one at 140. What are you even talking about?

Persoon had 41 fights at lightweight and 1 at super feather.

And no, the fight wasn't close. The rounds were competitive but Taylor won 3 of them at best. It was a flagrant robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Murcielago View Post
                Annoying AF, can't understand people in the comments saying she's a real women, and funny and awesome personality, wtf?

You are exaggerating a little. I understand her language just fine.

Comment

You are exaggerating a little. I understand her language just fine.
                  You understood me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    That's bae.
                    Me and the homedawg Santa_ have been reppin' Claressa since the year dot, yo!

Comment

Cause they punch like girls.

Comment

Working...
                      X