Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 982 Post(s)
True That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond reputeTrue That has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 34,186.18
LOL idiot - "red 

Ruiz was hurt, he was hurt when he got dropped and then hurt again when he got hit with the big right hand after he got up. He was a punch or two away from likely getting ko'd. But kudos to Ruiz for standing up to the punches even though he was hurt and fighting back which allowed him to hit Joshua with that big temple shot that got Joshua hurt and in trouble.
True That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 PM #22
Up and Comer

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ccarroll2133 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,830.19

There are different levels to being "hurt" in boxing... Like a straight 1 punch out cold on one end of the spectrum.

Ortiz getting massively buzzed by Wilder is a notch down. AJ getting hit by Ruiz first shot was a pretty heavy buzz. Wilder got buzzed a little by Ortiz in their first fight but didn't go down. He covered and wavered around.

Then there is the brutal combo that dropped Ruiz. I'm sure he felt it. Maybe lightly buzzed for 1 or 2 seconds, and then recovered to what looked like a normal fighter. Ate the straight right and just kept going toe to toe, fully coordinated to duck shots and counter.

I guess I would say Ruiz recovered so fast he doesn't realize he was hurt for a second.
Ccarroll2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:05 PM #23
Interim Champion

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
baroidi is a name known to allbaroidi is a name known to allbaroidi is a name known to allbaroidi is a name known to allbaroidi is a name known to allbaroidi is a name known to all
Bank: 1,598.12
Total Points: 18,915.38

I don't think Ruiz was hurt, it was more of a flash knockdown and Ruiz had all of his senses. Don't forget right after the knockdown, Ruiz took another clean shot by Joshua, that's why Joshua continued to swing for the fences. Again after taking that big shot from Joshua, Ruiz was cool and calm and he landed the clean temple shot and Joshua was doing the stanky leg. Actually Joshua did the stanky leg twice in that round, he never recovered from the first knockdown.
baroidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:13 PM #24
Contender

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
DJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond reputeDJ OxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,439.20
Total Points: 9,806.47
For the donation. - F-R-K-O 

I've been dropped before, It did not hurt one bit whatsoever, so what ruiz is saying is believable. Flash knockdowns do not hurt. U don't even feel anything, you just find yourself on the ground and get up perfectly fine ready to fight.
DJ OxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:19 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
lion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,850.18
Total Points: 31,332.85
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Canít say I was ever sold on Joshua. HYPE donít mean JACK when I can see robotic flaws punctuated against opposition that trains part time. And a bunch of bored drunken fans cheering him on donít mean JACK either ..But of course he can surprise me with adjusting in this fight - both mentally and physically and go on to do some heroic things...I just donít see where the guy ďquit.Ē....He definitely didnít have an enthusiastic look to get back in the mix, but I donít see the quit - never did. I gotta check that round out again...but I still donít think Iíd see it....
lion33lit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:35 PM #26
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 7195 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 378,198.86
Total Points: 378,922.97
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

You can tell he was hurt by the look on his face. He had an amazing recovery though and he knew what to do when hurt, this is where his experience of boxing from the age of 7 years old comes in.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:39 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8050 Post(s)
_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,960.73
Total Points: 299,271.71
No Message - DramaShow- one of the best posters hands down - jas 

He didnít seem hurt to me. He got up, took a harder shot like it was nothing and whooped Joshuas ass
_Rexy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:41 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8050 Post(s)
_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute_Rexy_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,960.73
Total Points: 299,271.71
No Message - DramaShow- one of the best posters hands down - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ OxXx View Post
I've been dropped before, It did not hurt one bit whatsoever, so what ruiz is saying is believable. Flash knockdowns do not hurt. U don't even feel anything, you just find yourself on the ground and get up perfectly fine ready to fight.
Head shots in general donít hurt in a fight. Body shots, yes. But head shots are more something you feel AFTER the fight.
_Rexy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:49 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 601 Post(s)
lion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,850.18
Total Points: 31,332.85
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ OxXx View Post
Iíve heard professionals say what youíve said hundreds times. If anything the kd made Ruiz more determined to kick ass. Ruiz had the ďwhy did I let this dude catch me with a punch like thatĒ look.....not the ďIím on quiz street, and donít know where the hell I amĒ.....Joshua sounds silly trying to say what ďreallyĒ happened after getting spanked the way he did....itís as if heís really trying to convince himself that he can really hurt the ďlittle fat guy.Ē....
lion33lit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 PM #30
Up and Comer

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ccarroll2133 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,830.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rexy_ View Post
Head shots in general donít hurt in a fight. Body shots, yes. But head shots are more something you feel AFTER the fight.

Curious if you agree with me that those massive body shots Ruiz landed in the 6th are what had him talking goofy on the stool before round 7. Asking why I feel like this? Most blame the 3rd round but I think his body was trashed from the at least 4 good shots to his gut and a hard straight into his chest
Ccarroll2133 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends